Operations Controller Training Opportunity Jobs Vacancy in Great Lakes Lawrence Seaway System Saint-Lambert
Great Lakes Lawrence Seaway System Saint-Lambert urgently required following position for Operations Controller Training Opportunity. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Controller Training Opportunity Jobs Vacancy in Great Lakes Lawrence Seaway System Saint-Lambert Jobs Details:
- Plan and execute transit activities according to vessel requirements and operational strategies including: scheduling vessel traffic; communication with ships and internal personnel; resource deployment; controlling vessel traffic in a defined sector of Seaway system;
- Remotely operate structures such as: locks; bridges & weirs;
- Coordinate locking activities and determine entry manoeuvre for vessels;
- Monitor and regulate water levels and flow for safe passage of vessels while maximizing the volume of water for power generation;
- Initiate response to accidents, incidents and pollution & assist emergency agencies as required;
- Record and maintain transit data in electronic systems;
- Perform all activities related to security of the operational facilities in compliance with the applicable security requirements;
- Applies safe work methods in compliance with corporate safety programs and applicable legislation; and,
- Participates in the mooring of vessels as required.
- Communicating Effectively
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions
- Managing Stress
- Using Computers and Technology
- Prioritizing and Organizing Work
- Working with Ambiguity
- Traffic Management
- Problem Solving
- Direct Customer Interface
- Proficiency in applicable computer programs and related office software
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English (ON)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in both official languages(QC).
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a related capacity as well as in dispatching;
- Formal training in the marine or networking or management of computer software fields is an asset.
- College Diploma in Related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion Operations Controller training program
- Radio Restricted Operators Certificate (Maritime)
- Valid Class G (ON) or Class 5 (QC) driver's license and insurable driving record
- Ability to meet physical demands and safety sensitive requirements
- Ability to meet the applicable security clearance from Transport Canada
- 12hrs shift
- Flexible schedule
- Education Equivalency (if required)
- Linguistic Testing (Second Language)
Range (Min) : $25.70/hour
Range (Max): $27.68/hour