Aquatic Program Administrator Community Jobs Vacancy in Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Toronto
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Toronto urgently required following position for Aquatic Program Administrator Community. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Aquatic Program Administrator Community Jobs Vacancy in Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Toronto Jobs Details:
- Implements aquatic recreation programs.
- Partners with clients/families and other team members to ensure the goals of the program are reached.
- Provides mentorship and support to our instructors, as needed, to help them meet the individual needs of their swimmers and improve their instructing skills.
- Assists with the physical instruction of the students ? may include suggestions with respect to approach or hands-on support in the water.
- Communicates with staff about expectations. Assisting with instructor evaluations, providing feedback and follow-up as required.
- Monitors all classes in progress for safety, creativity and effectiveness.
- Ensures Holland Bloorview philosophies regarding inclusion are upheld at all times.
- Reviews report cards for accuracy, spelling and overall appearance. Ensuring that report cards follow Holland Bloorview standards.
- Trains and supervises volunteers supporting the program and provides oral and written feedback as needed.
- Communicates regularly with volunteers and Volunteer Resources staff to ensure adequate program coverage.
- Responds to and documents aquatic incidents as per National Lifeguard Service standard and Holland Bloorview's aquatics policies and procedures.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives, supports the maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment and advances a culture of safety through work and daily practices.
- Contributes to and participates in all staff training initiatives and in-service sessions.
- Ensures the facility remains clean and welcoming while programs are running.
- Current NLS, Standard First Aid, CPR and Instructor (LSS or Red Cross) awards
- Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer and/or NLS Examiner, preferred
- Aquatic Supervisor Training required
- Minimum 3 years? experience teaching swimming lessons
- High Five ® certification an asset
- Extensive experience working with children with disabilities in an aquatic environment
- Supervisory experience ? staff and/or volunteers
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills with ability to work collaboratively with staff teams
- Availability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends