Driver Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Blood Services Edmonton
Canadian Blood Services Edmonton urgently required following position for Driver. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Driver Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Blood Services Edmonton Jobs Details:
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the operation of motor vehicles of varying sizes as well as transporting blood, personnel, equipment and supplies throughout the Province. Additional duties will include assisting in the set-up/dismantle of clinics, blood preparation and packing, vehicle maintenance and documentation of tasks performed.
- Responsible for the safe transport of staff, equipment, supplies and blood collections to/from clinics
- Responsible for the load and off-load of equipment and supplies
- Responsible for set up and tear down of equipment at mobile clinic sites
- Responsible for the preparation of blood collection units for transport back to the Centre, including documentation, for errors according to Standard Operating Procedures, sealing units, packing units and reconciliation of units and specimens. Data entry and verification of donated units into Progesa computer system
- Performs generalized support functions for the department including fuelling, cleaning vehicles, and maintaining current working knowledge of internal policies
- Maintains and promotes good public relations and communications with donors, public and other disciplines
- Valid Class 2 driver's license with and must produce a clean driver's abstract with no major driving offences
- Minimum 24 months verifiable professional driving experience preferably as a commercial vehicle driver, within the last three years
- High School Diploma an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Superior problem solving and decision making skills
- Good MS Office skills
- Must be able to travel across province