Unit Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Lakeridge Health Pickering
Lakeridge Health Pickering urgently required following position for Unit Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Unit Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Lakeridge Health Pickering Jobs Details:
UNIT CLERK II
4 EAST INPATIENT SURGERY
REGULAR PART TIME
Days and Evening schedule; 4, 8 & 12 hour shifts(subject to change)
Lakeridge Health Ajax/Pickering
This position is open to CUPE staff throughout Lakeridge Health commencing October 5, 2018 and closing at 11:59 pm on October 15, 2018.
The Unit Clerk II is responsible for patient registration, reception, transcribing Doctors' orders, booking tests, maintaining supplies, replacing sick time calls and other related duties as assigned.
- Secondary School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 1 year experience in general office or health care environment;
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of medical terminology (tested) and the ability to transcribe Doctor's orders;
- Strong keyboarding and PC skills including demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint applications (tested);
- Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community;
- Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing education and learning;
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Compassion, Innovation, Courage and Trust;
- Demonstrated understanding of and, commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety program and practices including staff, patient, and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area;
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard.
SALARY: $23.32 - $24.44 per hour
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is open to all qualified CUPE staff throughout Lakeridge Health.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and C.U.P.E Local 6364 (Clerical Bargaining Unit).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under Lakeridge Health's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.