Event And Communications Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Motionball For Special Olympics Toronto
Motionball For Special Olympics Toronto urgently required following position for Event And Communications Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Event And Communications Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Motionball For Special Olympics Toronto Jobs Details:
motionball is a growing, national not for profit organization that builds awareness and raises funds for the Special Olympics Canada Foundation. Our mandate is to introduce young professionals to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events across the country. Now hosting 33 annual events in 19 cities across Canada, motionball is proud to have donated over $10M since our inception in 2002, including $1.5M in 2017 alone.
We are seeking an Event and Communications Coordinator to help with our growth and provide superior support to our internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Manager, Events & Operations at motionball, this position will be responsible for managing our online brand through the motionball and Special Olympics Canada Foundation (SOCF) websites and various social media platforms. In addition, you will be assigned a portfolio of events to oversee throughout the calendar year.
Social Media / Communications:
- Create and share bilingual content across all of motionball’s social media platforms
- Regular updating of motionball and SOCF websites including new events, blogs and photo galleries
- Grow our online communities and drive conversation year round
- Collaborate with team to send internal communications to city-wide and event-specific motionball communities
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials such as event brochures, signage and presentations
- Support Event Directors across Canada in the pitching of local media coverage, year-round and on-event
- Ensuring all motionball materials are available in both English and French (translating as needed)
- Support motionball’s volunteer Event Directors across Canada in the planning and execution of Marathon of Sport events, including timelines, marketing materials, budget, fundraising, participant communications and outreach
- Assist in the planning and execution of motionball’s Toronto events – responsibilities include onsite social media, supporting with volunteers, Special Olympics athletes and other event logistics
- Lead the planning and execution of the 2-day motionball Annual General meeting
- Onsite support at other motionball events throughout the year
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English (spoken and written)
- A College or University degree in Communications, PR, Events or a related field
- 1 – 2 years experience at a not-for-profit or charity and/or in a fund raising or event capacity
- Strong understanding of social media platforms
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills with outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment; and can easily to interact with the public in a professional and courteous manner
- Exceptional project management, prioritization, and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within set parameters
- Keen analytical skills, attention to detail with ability to take initiative and direction
- Willingness to travel to Canadian cities and work evenings and weekends, as projects and events demand it
Thank you for your interest in joining the motionball team!
Please submit your resume through LinkedIn: https://goo.gl/SEkqh1
Only selected candidates will be contacted regarding next steps for interviews.
Job Type: Full-time