Operations Specailist Jobs Vacancy in Atco Power Calgary
Atco Power Calgary urgently required following position for Operations Specailist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Specailist Jobs Vacancy in Atco Power Calgary Jobs Details:
WHO WE ARE:
With approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $21 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution); Pipelines & Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
Reporting to the General Manager of ASHCOR Technologies, the Specialist, Operations, is responsible for the overall safe operation of processing, storage and unloading facilities. The incumbent will be accountable for business development duties; including maintaining regular customer contact and identifying opportunities to expand the sale of fly ash within existing operating areas. The Manager, Operations will also be expected to make decisions related to the business plan and pricing strategies that will directly affect the success of ASHCOR Technologies.
- Development and maintenance of HSSE, operations and maintenance policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain supplier and customer contracts
- Leadership, mentorship and development of direct reports and junior employees across ASCHOR and participating in performance management and employee life cycle activities, including: staffing, onboarding, compensation, workforce planning, and the bi-annual performance review process
- Directly manage accounting abnormalities with internal ATCO accountants to ensure accurate monthly reporting
- Coordinate pricing evaluations and recommendations in support of issuing quotations
- Management of Supply Chain Management systems and processes (inventory and purchasing)
- Participate in field testing and troubleshooting of technical issues.
- Assist in designing and presenting workshops and technical presentations to internal and external customers
- Participate in sales calls to maintain and develop customer relationships
- Meet and network with potential future customers in existing operating areas to promote ASHCOR Technologies products and services and provide price quotes
- Support business development activities by providing operating plans and budgets and building strong relationships with key customers as well as developing relationships with new or potential customers in existing operating area
- Maintain highly confidential information
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in operations and maintenance within an industrial setting
- Great presentation skills and comfortable with speaking in front of audiences
- Ability to perform at a superior level with respect to both the accuracy and volume of work completed on a consistent basis
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Displays ability to deal with all levels of management
- Valid Canadian Driver’s license
- 10+ years’ related industry experience, preferably in a coal produced environment or related industry
- 5-10 years’ supervisory experience
- Experience with the marketing, sales and technical aspects of concrete and supplementary cementing materials will be considered an asset
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check. Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.
Job Type: Full-time
- operations: 5 years (Required)
- supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- generation facility: 2 years (Required)