Assistant Manager Software Development Jobs Vacancy in Carleton University Ottawa
Carleton University Ottawa urgently required following position for Assistant Manager Software Development. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Manager Software Development Jobs Vacancy in Carleton University Ottawa Jobs Details:
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Manager, Software Development is accountable, to both Information Technology Services (ITS) and Client Departments, for contributing to the effective and innovative use of information technology to develop, integrate and maintain information systems in line with the University’s business strategy and in support of University activities.
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving and organizational skills and highly developed ability to think logically through complex procedural and systems processes;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to foster collaboration and teamwork in a matrix environment in areas of information systems support by demonstrating technical competence, respect, integrity and professionalism;
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize the work of others, including budgeting, and staffing.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirement analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Proven leadership ability
- Highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to work without supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly from the technical level to executive management.
- Strong conflict management and negotiating skills.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation and customer focused
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience using Java Web-Based Technology, scripting languages, and HTML;
- Experience in ensuring security is embedded into every aspect of the development process;
- 3 to 5 years of recent experience at a medium level in a supervisory/management position in the IT industry.