Part Time Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in East Toronto Citadel Toronto
East Toronto Citadel Toronto urgently required following position for Part Time Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Part Time Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in East Toronto Citadel Toronto Jobs Details:
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
- Answer, screen and direct telephone calls
- Maintain an up-to date filling system
- Build and maintain databases such as contact lists, inventory, etc.
- Maintains monthly statistics in SAMIS
- Prepare weekly bulletin and other promotional materials such as flyers and brochures
- Maintain accurate records of corps membership
- Prepare weekly powerpoint presentations using Easy Worship
- Maintain corps website and Facebook page
- Oversee office management including maintenance of office equipment and ordering of supplies
- Make weekly bank deposits, prepare invoices for payment and write receipts
- Submit receipts for petty cash reimbursement
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Corps Officer
- Able to work in compliance with The Salvation Army Mission Statement
- Post-secondary education in office or business administration
- At least two years prior experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Experience and efficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher
- Current clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
HOURS: 20 hours per week
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.