Administrative Secretary Renal Program Jobs Vacancy in Health Sciences Centre Winnipeg
Health Sciences Centre Winnipeg urgently required following position for Administrative Secretary Renal Program. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Secretary Renal Program Jobs Vacancy in Health Sciences Centre Winnipeg Jobs Details:
Requisition ID: 12082
Position Number: 20031223
Posting End Date: September 27, 2018
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Manitoba Renal Program
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Reporting to the Manager, Peritoneal Dialysis Community Care (PDCC) the incumbent will work directly and collaboratively with the PDCC program staff, the Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) unit staff at both SBH and SOH, the PD supply Vendors and the MRP dialysis patients to perform the administrative duties of the position. Duties include: Utilizing the MRP electronic kidney health record and MRP data bases to collect, monitor and edit patient health, dialysis prescription and dialysis supply information. Overseeing and coordinating the PD supply orders and supply inventory in the PD patients’ homes. Organizing and prioritizing, independently, the administrative activities for the PDCC program and ensuring that all work is completed within established timeframes. Typing, formatting and proofreading a variety of material including correspondence, minutes, agendas, policies, procedures, etc. Assisting with staff scheduling, payroll and generating lab flowsheets. Taking initiative to handle matters and solve administrative problems not requiring the direct personal attention of the supervisor(s). Participating as a member of the portfolio in a manner that contributes to teamwork and collaboration.
- Two years directly related experience.
- Experience scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Ability to record and prepare minutes and agendas.
- Previous healthcare experience would be an asset.
- Experience with email and computerized calendars.
- Complete high school education Manitoba standards, required.
- Formal training in applied office skills is required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Qualifications and Skills
- Typing speed 50 wpm.
- Proficiency with computerized systems (Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel) is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize a large workload and independently complete a variety of secretarial duties.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Required to work for long periods of time at a computer.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.