Secretary Outpatient Mental Health Jobs Vacancy in Scarborough Health Network Toronto
Scarborough Health Network Toronto urgently required following position for Secretary Outpatient Mental Health. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Secretary Outpatient Mental Health Jobs Vacancy in Scarborough Health Network Toronto Jobs Details:
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada′s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America′s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, you will be responsible for providing competent secretarial/reception duties for the clinic while ensuring all office procedures operate efficiently. The main site of this posting is 1225 Kennedy Road however, you may be also scheduled at the General or Birchmount based on departmental needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- A graduate of a Medical Secretarial course or equivalent business experience
- Minimum one (1) year related experience
- Typing skills, with a minimum of 35 wpm and 90% accuracy (skill test will be administered)
- Secretarial experience including correspondence (medical terminology), and filing (skill test will be administered)
- Experience transcribing physicians′ orders
- Strong customer service skills required
- Proven superior organizational skills
- Ability to function independently in a challenging position
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates values consistent with Scarborough Health Network (SHN) Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Payroll data entry experience
- Experience working in a health care environment
- Experience in Mental Health
- Ability to speak another language
- Familiarity with Meditech Computer system
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community′s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.