Support Assistant Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto
City Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Support Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Support Assistant Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
- Prepares, researches, maintains and processes documents and reports, including proof reading, printing and photocopying
- Drafts correspondence, letters and memos for Manager’s signature
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill. Utilizes computer for preparation of reports, presentation materials, forms and spreadsheets as well as archival retrieval
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for section files and lists of current projects. Inputs, updates and maintains lists of reports by document name and other criteria
- Updates section manuals, directories, zoning by-laws etc.
- Responds to inquiries requiring broad knowledge of the operational area/function or refers to appropriate personnel
- Arranges public meetings and meetings for manager/City Planning staff, as requested. Coordinates meeting rooms, bookings and special requirements for meetings. Transcribes minutes
- Prepares, sorts, processes, collects, opens, distributes and delivers mail and arranges for preparation and delivery of public notices
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for unit or other locations
- Records and reports daily attendance and maintains vacation schedule for section staff
- Provides clerical assistance to District Managers and City Planning staff during absences, as required
- Experience in performing various clerical and administrative support duties.
- Experience using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel), e-mail.
- Experience creating and formatting documents, Council reports, charts, spreadsheets and presentations
- Experience meeting deadlines in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff, Councillors, the public and external contacts in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Ability to utilize other software packages relevant to supporting the division’s core requirements such as IBMS and Amanda.
- Good organizational, record keeping and multitasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities while working under minimum supervision
- Good written communication skills.
- Knowledge of workplace relevant legislation including Human Rights and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to change
- Ability to problem solve and continuously seek improvements for change in workforce
- General knowledge of operations of meetings for Council and Standing Committees