Supervisor Facilities Jobs Vacancy in Town Oakville Oakville
Town Oakville Oakville urgently required following position for Supervisor Facilities. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Supervisor Facilities Jobs Vacancy in Town Oakville Oakville Jobs Details:
Temporary Full-Time (Non-Union T)
Open to all current Town of Oakville employees and external applicants
This is a contract opportunity lasting for approximately 12 months
Reporting to the Manager, Community Centre this position is responsible for the supervision, planning and scheduling of a multi-disciplined community centre.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Facility Supervisor you will:
- Supervise and oversee work carried out by staff (full time, temporary and part time) to ensure it is performed effectively and efficiently and in accordance with town or departmental standards, levels of service, specifications, policies, procedures and legislated requirements;
- Select, motivate, train, manage and evaluate staff, and schedule work according to priorities; review employee performance on a regular basis and take corrective/disciplinary action, as required;
- Track, report, record and document on operational performance, activities and costs;
- Respond to, investigate and follow up with inquiries/requests for service/complaints from the general public, residents, emergency services, other departments, senior management and members of council;
- Assist Facility Manager in the annual development of tender specifications, cost estimates and budgets ;
- Manages assigned pre-approved capital maintenance projects
- Assists Facility Manager in coordinating 10 year capital submissions for Recreation and Culture Department
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the corporate asset management program
- Responds to customer service issues and liaises with staff and community user groups and maintains clear and consistent communication;
- Establish summer and seasonal work programs startups/shutdowns and maintenance of the facility in collaboration with the Facility Manager;
- On a rotational basis will provide management support for all community centre’s, arenas and outdoor pools;
- Manages maintenance resources and establishes systems for preventive maintenance, equipment, energy management, security, asset management, housekeeping management, and quality assurance;
- Ensures all work practices comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and subsequent Town of Oakville Health and Safety practices;
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all legislative requirements relative to facility operation;
- Perform other duties as assigned
How do I qualify?
Ideally you have a 2 year diploma in Recreation & Leisure Studies from a recognized institution or equivalent. Your formal education is augmented by progressively responsible positions that have resulted in outstanding leadership complemented by a highly developed understanding of municipal government and service delivery. Must have knowledge of Building Environmental Systems. Successful completion of the Basic Refrigeration and Pool Operator’s Course through the Ontario Recreation Facilities Association is an asset. Experience in all facets of Building Operations including Arenas and Pools and possess a strong mechanical aptitude. Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, vulnerable sector screening dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
In addition, your experience demonstrates the following supervisor leadership competencies:
Strategic Thinking – innovating through analysis and ideas
- meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers/residents; using feedback to improve services and acting with customer/residents in mind;
- translating unit direction into concrete activities, developing work plans with a thorough understanding of the functional area and communicating plans with clarity and commitment;
- seeking clarification and direction from and making effective recommendations to the manager, as required;
Engagement – mobilizing people, organizations, partners
- being approachable and able to build rapport well; a good listener, sensitive and patient;
- stepping up to conflicts, reading situations quickly to find common ground and get cooperation;
- being cool under pressure handling stress well and are a settling influence under pressure in a crisis;
- writing clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; getting messages across that have the desired effect;
- promoting collaboration among staff; encouraging and incorporating creativity and learning; providing effective forums for staff to express ideas, views, and concerns individually and as a team;
Management excellence – delivering results through action management, people management and financial & asset management
- using resources (people, funding, material, support) effectively and efficiently to get things done;
- assigning responsibility for tasks and decisions; setting clear objectives, measuring processes necessary to get things done; monitoring process, progress and results, designing feedback loops into work; ensuring work complies with formal procedures and regulations;
- figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knowing how to organize people and activities; understanding how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knowing what to measure and how to measure it; recognizing opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; simplifying complex processes; getting more out of fewer resources;
- being action oriented and seizing opportunities;
- focusing on what is important, eliminating roadblocks and using own time and time of others effectively;
- providing information people need to know to do their jobs; providing individuals with timely information so that they can make accurate decisions;
- treating staff equitably and fairly;
- dealing firmly and effectively in a timely manner with staffing issues; not allowing problems to fester and making difficult decisions in the best interest in the organization;
- applying sound judgment and evidence-based decision-making in a timely manner; making decisions sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; being cognizant of decisions that may be politically sensitive;
- implementing strategies to achieve operational efficiencies and value for money;
- applying and monitoring rigorous systems for financial information management, internal audit, and evaluation in compliance with corporate policies and procedures;
- Fulfilling legal obligations and policy requirements.
Accountability and Respect – serving with integrity and respect
- demonstrating values and ethics in personal behavior in keeping with corporate values; is widely trusted; keeping confidences, admitting mistakes and representing self truthfully;
Core Knowledge Required for Success:
You are an experienced leader with a comprehensive knowledge of:
- Day-to-day facility supervision as well as managing facility based capital project and purchases,
- Recreation administration; current and future policies, practices, trends, technology and information relating to the recreation industry;
- Government decision making processes;
- Common word processing, spreadsheet, email and database management techniques.
Teamwork, accountability, dedication, honesty, innovation and respect
- a progressive work environment that promotes a work/life balance and strives to be a great place for great people to do great things;
Applications for this position must be submitted at oakville.ca by no later than midnight on October 24, 2018.
DATED: October 17, 2018