Child Youth Case Worker Jobs Vacancy in Yukon Government Whitehorse
Yukon Government Whitehorse urgently required following position for Child Youth Case Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Child Youth Case Worker Jobs Vacancy in Yukon Government Whitehorse Jobs Details:
This posting is to fill two (2) full time permanent positions, working 80 hours bi-weekly.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Transitional Support Services, the position is responsible for the therapeutic and primary care, and the intensive support and supervision of clients with behavioural, social, emotional or addiction disorders in the residential setting.
Transitional Support Services is a residential treatment unit within Family and Children’s Services and serves Whitehorse and 14 Yukon communities. This position has a major role in the development, implementation and assessment of treatment plans to meet the needs of clients placed in residential care; providing counseling to clients and their families; and providing supervision to residential care workers as it relates to treatment goals and needs. The position works closely with social workers and other professionals in the treatment process.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated individual with demonstrated leadership skills and experience delivering counseling sessions and treatment services to clients and their families.
For more information regarding the position, please contact: Greg Bunce, A/Manager, Transitional Support Services at (867) 667-5256 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the process, please contact: Kyla Piper, Human Resources Consultant II at (867) 667-3700 or email@example.com
For more information on how to apply go to: https://yukon.ca/en/employment
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications – specifically – how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential qualifications shown below. Ensure a month/year format is used for each work experience. Note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Degree in Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Psychology or related field OR a diploma in a related field with experience working with high risk, complex needs clients
- Experience delivering services to traumatized and at risk clients with complex needs
- Experience in developing, implementing and assessing treatment plans for high risk youth
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- A genuine interest in collaborating with clients and their families in the treatment process
- An understanding of abuse and trauma and the effects on development and treatment
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide guidance and feedback to a team of care professionals
- Ability to conduct and provide situational risk assessments
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients, families, other agencies and First Nations
- Ability to adapt to a variety of cultures and family situations including families impacted by intergenerational residential school experiences
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage changing priorities
- Experience delivering informal individual counseling
- Strong communication skills including oral and written with a focus on clinical reporting
Conditions of Employment:
First Aid and CPR C
Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector
Valid class 5 driver’s licence
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training (CPI) or ability to obtain upon hire
Learn more about us! Yukon government has been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014!
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links: http://www.employment.gov.yk.ca/yukon_life.html