Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Borden Ladner Gervais Llp Montréal
Borden Ladner Gervais Llp Montréal urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Borden Ladner Gervais Llp Montréal Jobs Details:
The Administrative Assistant will perform all administrative and file management tasks requested by Lawyers, PAs and other support functions. This includes file opening, copying, filing, archive management, scanning and completing general administrative duties as required.
Filing, copying, scanning and general administration is an integral part of the operation of the firm and within this role the Administrative Assistant will be required to complete duties for extended periods of time during each day.
The Administrative Assistant is accountable for establishing and maintaining an ongoing service based relationship with the team.
Administration and File Management
- Undertake large and small copying requests, scanning, binding and finishing copied work (working with the Business Centre as applicable)
- Receive and process file management requests
- Create new files on the system
- Open new file folders and label accordingly
- Return or add documents to existing client files
- Work with the practice management system to log and record documents
- Handle and administer closed files as requested
- Undertake all file management and file housekeeping procedures to ensure filing constantly up to date
- Understand, identify and process all principle documents within files
- Undertake all file closing procedures
- Process archive retrieval requests
- Maintain all filing and work areas in a tidy and orderly manner
- Assist with KYC and conflict checking procedures in accordance with the firm’s procedures
- Conduct searches
- Keep a record of time spent on various administrative tasks for internal purposes
- Any other duties as requested by the business
- Deal with any Lawyer and Practice Assistant (PA) enquiries in a prompt and efficient manner
- Communicate and liaise with Lawyers and PAs on file management issues
- Consistently and appropriately update the team on progress where appropriate
- Work with team to offer assistance wherever possible
Key Competencies Required
- Established knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM
- Ability to take initiative
- Flexible and enthusiastic self-starter
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of support services
- A desire to continuously improve skills
- A strong focus on ensuring the highest levels of client service standards are delivered and maintained
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
BLG will not consider unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. Recruitment agencies should not submit candidates unless specifically authorized by BLG to do so.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and Partners are not eligible for consideration.