Cpic Information Operator Support Jobs Vacancy in City Edmonton Edmonton
City Edmonton Edmonton urgently required following position for Cpic Information Operator Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cpic Information Operator Support Jobs Vacancy in City Edmonton Edmonton Jobs Details:
Job Number: 34178
The Edmonton Police Service, in cooperation with other agencies and the citizens of Edmonton, is integral in preserving the quality of life in our community by increasing public safety and security. Join the CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) Warrant Unit where we offer a dynamic work environment and challenging and rewarding career opportunities, variety of work, and the ability to contribute to your community.
Reporting to the Staff Sergeant of Police Information Management Section, The CPIC Support Operator II must be able to work within a high pressured environment to ensure the delivery of operational information, support to police personnel and authorized outside agencies, whilst driving innovation in the area. The CPIC Support Unit requires one (1) individual with excellent communication skills to assume the following responsibilities:
- Provide supervision to a small team of CPIC Operators.
- Monitor workload, equipment and systems for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide relief supervision and assistance for CPIC Operators as required.
- Prepare employee performance evaluations.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to all employees that enter the area.
- Ensure employee compliance with EPS and CPIC policies.
- Enter, audit and review and conduct maintenance of agency CPIC records and CPIC Purge reports to ensure accuracy and quality assurance standards are maintained.
- Participate in the hiring of and oversee training and development of new CPIC Operators.
- Coordinate staff coverage for CPIC Teams.
- Review Historical Warrants.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade.
- A minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience within a police environment, including at least two (2) years recent experience as a CPIC Information Operator I.
- Previous supervisory experience would be an asset.
- Extensive experience using EPROS, JOIN, CPIC and CPIC Web.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and teamwork skills.
- Proven leadership ability, able to make sound decisions, use good judgment, and identify priorities in a high pressured environment.
- Able to accurately and efficiently input, query, interpret, edit and relay information.
- Strong reading and comprehension skills.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, including bending, lifting of banker boxes, etc.
- Applicants may be tested.
- THE EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE WILL CONDUCT AN ENHANCED SECURITY CLEARANCE ON THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE BEEN SHORT-LISTED.
Hours of Work:
Rotating 10-hour shifts – Mon to Friday 0700 to 1700hrs.
21B, Salary Grade: 013, $25.44 - $31.90 (Hourly), $2,035.80 - $2,552.70 (Bi-Weekly), $53,135.42 - $66,625.99 (Annually). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton.
- Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office.
- The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
The Province of Alberta is a party to the Federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility with British Columbia and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the Provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca.
HR Consultant: DZ
Posting Date: Sep 24, 2018
Closing Date: Oct 01, 2018 11:59:00 (MST)
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Temporary Full-time
Department: Informatics Division