Curriculum Coordinator Zero Energy Buildings Jobs Vacancy in British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby
British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby urgently required following position for Curriculum Coordinator Zero Energy Buildings. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Curriculum Coordinator Zero Energy Buildings Jobs Vacancy in British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby Jobs Details:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working closely with the Manager, Zero Energy Buildings:
- Provides support in developing a strategy for the Zero Energy Buildings Learning Centre aimed at increasing the reach and impact of the ZEB Learning Centre's offerings.
- Assists with the development of the growth and operation of the HPBL, the development and implementation of the lab-in-a-box (i.e., mobile lab) and associated provincial outreach.
- Identifies specific projects and other opportunities to collaborate and partner with industry, industry associations, educational institutions, and other relevant organizations, to further increase the reach and impact of the ZEB Learning Centre's offerings.
- Helps identify and pursue funding opportunities to support ZEB Learning Centre activities aimed at enhancing the ZEB Learning Centre's overall offering, including curriculum development, facilities development, development of hands-on and non-traditional educational programs, and acquiring additional tools and resources.
- Identifies training needs in the construction and sustainability industries, and oversees the development and delivery of training.
- Helps identify industry partners for the development of customized training programs related to ZEB Learning Centre offerings.
- Develops opportunities to 'tell the story' of the ZEB Learning Centre's achievements.
- Assists with the development and management of the ZEB Learning Centre's website.
- Liaises with staff, other educational institutions and government agencies and provide assistance and advice on a wide range of issues within scope of responsibility.
- Participates on external committees and task forces, and undertakes projects as required.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
- Undertakes related duties as assigned consistent with the job grade for this position.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in building science, engineering, or architecture.
- Two years of general experience, plus four years of direct relevant experience in the energy and sustainability sector, including curriculum development, strategic planning, operations management and contract negotiation and management.
- Demonstrated curriculum development experience.
- A high level of knowledge and technical proficiency within the fields of sustainability, energy efficiency, renewable energy, utility rate structures and funding programs, building science, and financial analysis including full cost accounting and life-cycle assessment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, project management experience, and business development experience including experience in developing detailed proposals, presentations, and reports.
- Strong existing networks within the energy and sustainability sector locally, across the province, and across Canada.
- Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.