Senior Technical Support Specialist Cloud Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto
City Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Senior Technical Support Specialist Cloud. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Technical Support Specialist Cloud Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
- Design, architect, analyze and implement detailed plans and recommend policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements for Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) based solutions. Special attention is required to ensure the City's security requirements for information management and authentication are met.
- Supervise, motivate and train assigned cross divisional project staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervise the day to day project operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Authorize and co-ordinate vacation and overtime requests. Monitor and evaluate staff performance, salary increments, hear grievances and recommend disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provide input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Provide advice and consultation to business users and other technical staff to determine requirements, research solutions, evaluate alternatives, recommend policies regarding data integration, data security, network infrastructure, common software required, and the final product acquisition.
- Lead technical project teams comprised of members from other department and/or sections of the division, to determine requirements, research, evaluate, develop and/or acquire, implement and provide technical support for enterprise software products to support business requirements.
- Provide senior level support of the enterprise software and hardware installation, upgrades, configuration, account management, security administration, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Perform hardware, software, appliance and related tools installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades. Also, perform account management, system monitoring and security services on the systems. This includes the creation of City wide policies and standards, and enforcement of the standards relating to users account creation and the access permissions for the users.
- Provide enterprise wide backup and disaster recovery services to meet the business recovery requirements. Responsible for the capacity planning, security measurement, and performance tuning of the overall infrastructure, including Internet, Intranet and Extranet environments.
- Develop, manage and report on detailed project plans. Ensure effective corporate standard system security and internal processing controls (audit controls) are maintained.
- Impact change management for both hardware and software, and manage vendor relations in the case of external hardware, systems software, network and/or service acquisitions. Provide risk assessment and its potential impact on enterprise systems and users.
- Ensure timeliness and completion of corporate projects by providing project management and project planning. Influence project scope, monitor critical success factors, co-ordinate projects resources and report on project milestones/deliverables.
- Lead in the preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFQ), and Request for Information (RFI) and participates in the evaluation and selection of technical solutions.
- Establishe City wide standards related to the operability and high availability of corporate data center software/hardware products through the identification and resolution of service or performance problems and initiate changes to enhance problem avoidance.
- Review, evaluate, recommend and comment on emerging technologies and business innovation for improving service, reducing costs and enhancing efficiency on internal service improvement, cost efficiencies to the public.
- Work with highly confidential information; available 7x 24 while on-call to respond to critical page alerts.
- University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related discipline (or an approved equivalent of education and/or work experience).
- Considerable experience in information systems security, risk management and/or IT-related function with emphasis on Information and Data Protection, Infrastructure and Endpoint Security, Security Intelligence and Analytics
- Considerable experienced in architecting and building secure multi-tenant IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure platforms in a large corporation.
- Working experience with SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language), SIEM (Security Information and Event Management), CAPM (Cloud Application Performance Management), CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker) products, tools or services
- Experience in securely migrating on premise solutions to the Cloud.
- Experienced in design and deployment of different Cloud platforms (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and environments (Public, Private, Hybrid).
- Work experience with Cloud security industry standards such as Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), ISO/IEC 27017 and NIST 500 291
- Ability to write advanced level Python, Ruby or Perl scripts.
- Experience with - .NET, Drupal, MySQL, WordPress, Puppet
- Cloud Certifications (Azure and/or AWS Certifications), an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability handling multiple competing priorities while working on multiple complex, highly visible projects