Manager Compliance Risk Jobs Vacancy in First West Credit Union Langley
First West Credit Union Langley urgently required following position for Manager Compliance Risk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Compliance Risk Jobs Vacancy in First West Credit Union Langley Jobs Details:
- Leadership: Provides leadership and direction to functional area including recruitment, on-boarding, training, career development, coaching and performance management. Ensures services are delivered effectively and efficiently within established time-frames. Establishes annual goals and objectives aligned with corporate strategic initiatives.
- Enterprise Risk Framework: Provides input into the enterprise-wide risk framework and audit process; applies an understanding of business unit operating environments and in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements on business unit policies, processes and procedures; anticipates potential issues related to changes in regulatory and/or operating environments that may impact FW risk appetite. Researches legislation and regulation related to FW long-term strategic initiatives and identifies gaps in current practice where changes are required to align practices with strategic direction
- Risk Compliance: Builds and maintains a compliance framework that complies with all legislative and regulatory requirements; develops and implements automated processes/tools to support framework and an audit process to ensure FW is consistently compliant with requirement and risk to FW is mitigated; conducts risk assessments that compare potential risk against the compliance framework across First West; ensures First West leaders and employees are compliant with all legislative and regulatory requirements and that company policies and procedures are being followed consistently; conducts audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Regulatory Requirements: Ensures changes to legislative and/or regulatory requirements are monitored and communicated to key stakeholders, recommends actions required to mitigate risk to First West as a result of changes. Researches legislation and regulation related to FW long-term strategic initiatives and identifies gaps in current practice where changes are required to align practices with strategic direction.
- Projects: Leads and/or participates in projects related to risk compliance initiatives. Provides expertise and support in development and implementation of an enterprise risk framework that supports FW’s current and future strategic initiatives.
- Reporting: Generates metrics, statistics and reports for different audiences; uses report data to assist business leaders fully understand significant risk within their functional area and employees to understand their accountability to mitigate risk within their span of control.
- Risk Awareness: Provides expertise, support, education and training to build risk awareness at all levels across the organization; assesses the level of risk awareness and makes recommendations on gaps in education and training.
- College, Trade or Tech School Diploma (2 years)in a related discipline
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5 years progressive related experience
- 2 years’ experience in a leadership capacity
- Experience working in the financial services industry with exposure to enterprise risk management methodologies
- Experience in audit or regulatory compliance is beneficial
- Proficient with computer software applications e.g. MS Office
- Experience planning, leading and reviewing compliance test programs or audits is required
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use