Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Durham College Oshawa
Durham College Oshawa urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Durham College Oshawa Jobs Details:
School of Business, IT & Management
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Under the direction of the Manager, School of Business, IT & Management, the primary function of this position is to provide secretarial support for the school as needed. The incumbent will work up to 24 hours per week at a rate of $24.63 per hour.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs reception/clerical duties both in person, by telephone and e-mail, takes messages, arranges appointments as necessary, responds to a variety of inquiries from students, staff, other departments and the general public, sorts and delivers incoming mail, scans documents and photocopying.
- Provides support services to the Executive Dean, Associate Deans and Manager including preparing and processing large volumes of work including epaf preparation for part-time faculty contracts, correspondence, reports, course outlines, program guides, assessments, scanning and photocopying.
- Assists the Administrative Coordinator and Student Advisor as needed.
- Maintains a variety of records such as timetables, expense reports, travel forms, professional development forms, student records, subject outlines, and assessments and establishes and maintains office systems and routines.
- Assists with organizing recruitment for new positions in the school and the onboarding process of new members to the department.
- Arranges, attends and records meeting minutes.
- Inputs and obtains various student and other data reports in Banner system, ASA and TPHI systems.
- Two year diploma in Office Administration.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an office environment.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as word, excel and powerpoint i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, email, online resources, internet research.
- Experience in an academic environment would be an asset.
- Proven ability to prepare minutes of meetings.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills (verbal, written, and electronic).
- Ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively with team members.
- Well-developed problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- A background in the use of Banner would be an asset.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on October 24, 2018. Competition number SP18-24.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.