Srce Ieca Resource Ysf Learning Centre Soc Fst Teacher Jobs Vacancy in Nova Scotia School Boards Nssb Inverness
- Srce Ieca Resource Ysf Learning Centre Soc Fst Teacher
- Nova Scotia School Boards Nssb
- Inverness NS
- 22 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Nova Scotia School Boards Nssb Inverness urgently required following position for Srce Ieca Resource Ysf Learning Centre Soc Fst Teacher. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Srce Ieca Resource Ysf Learning Centre Soc Fst Teacher Jobs Vacancy in Nova Scotia School Boards Nssb Inverness Jobs Details:
The Strait Regional Centre for Education invites applications from qualified candidates for the posted vacancy.
The Strait Regional Centre for Education is entrusted, under The Education Act of Nova Scotia, to deliver the public school program to approximately 6,200 students in 21 schools throughout the counties of Antigonish, Guysborough, Inverness and Richmond. The Strait Regional Centre for Education, with the support of approximately 970 staff members, works diligently to influence its vision of excellence in lifelong learning. Located in the northeastern part of Nova Scotia, the Centre's jurisdiction encompasses an area of approximately 11,000 square kilometers with a population of 54,972.
Deadline for Applications: 09/26/2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Effective dates: 09/24/2018 to 07/31/2019
Resource/Youth Service Facilitator/Learning Centre and Sociology 12 & Food Studies Hospitality 12 Teacher
Co-ordination of IPPs for caseload of students with high needs;
Programming support for students with a variety of needs, including skills-based instruction, executive functioning, enrichment, etc.;
Intensive, direct teaching intervention with students as per their identified needs (per the Program Planning Process/Team)
Liaison with classroom teachers;
Integration of programming support into the regular curriculum and schedule of the school;
Assessment, evaluation, and reporting on individual student progress as a key member of the Program Planning Team;
Development and implementation of interventions with the Program Planning Team (including classroom teachers and parents);
Curriculum Support as determined by the Program Planning Team;
Supporting classroom teachers & specialist teachers through resources and training.
- Valid teacher certification for the Province of Nova Scotia;
- Methodology courses, experience, or practicum teaching in the subject area(s) at the appropriate level for the competition;
- Excellent classroom and student management skills;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of technologies used to enhance instruction and learning;
- Knowledge and/or experience in implementing inclusive teaching and assessment strategies
- Demonstrate effective use of a variety of Assistive Technologies
- Graduate level course-work and experience in special education or related fields focused on the education of students with exceptionalities (e.g., Speech-Language Pathology)
- Experience and/or training with students with academic and behavioral needs
- Demonstrated competency in the following areas:
- formal, individualized student assessment
- excellent oral and written communication skills, including report-writing
- in-depth familiarity with a wide range of exceptionalities, learning challenges, sensory deficits, disabling conditions, etc. and their implications for successful educational programming
- ability to work as a team member in all phases of educational programming
- knowledge and understanding of all pertinent provincial and board policies pertaining to the instruction of students with special needs
Skills in communicating and working in collaborative partnerships
Ability to work closely with Teacher Assistants (TAs) in a supervisory capacity to ensure appropriate educational programming
Demonstrated ability to work in a variety of teaching models (group, individual, co-teaching, learning centre)
Your application must include at least three (3) work-related references, one must be your most recent supervisor. All candidates short listed for interviews will have references checked prior to being interviewed.
The Strait Regional Centre for Education appreciates your interest for employment. Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates can check on the status of their application in Successfactor under My Applications.
Job Segment: Training, Sociology, Curriculum, Teacher, Learning, Education, Social Sciences, Human Resources