Program Youth Facilitator Jobs Vacancy in Learning Disabilities Association Toronto Toronto
Learning Disabilities Association Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Program Youth Facilitator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Youth Facilitator Jobs Vacancy in Learning Disabilities Association Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
The S.T.Y.L.E. (Skills Training for Youth through Learning and Education) is an academic, recreational, life and social skills development after-school program designed to support youth attending schools in neighbourhood improvement areas. The Program is funded by the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
Youth Facilitator specific duties:
The Learning Disabilities Association of Toronto is recruiting multiple part-time Youth Program Facilitator to join our 2018/2019 STYLE team. Programs run weekly Tuesday-Thursday from 3-6pm. Successful candidates must be available to work on those three days.
You Facilitators are frontline staff working directly with the high school youth attending one of the program delivery sites. In this role, they are also liaising with other Youth Facilitators, Team Leads and/or Program Manager/Program Coordinator.
- A degree in Education/Child and/or Youth Social Work/Recreation Management or a combination of relevant academic degree and professional experience
- Interest and experience creating programming and programs for youth (recreation/tutoring/healthy living/wellness)**
- Understanding of the academic and social issues facing youth with Learning Disabilities
- Proficient in secondary school (high school) subjects
- Experience working with at-risk youth and newcomer youth with an ability to engage, empower and educate
- Self-starter, demonstrated creativity and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently within a team setting
- Experience in outreach, community development and/or marketing of program(s) and services
- HIGH FIVE, Principles of Healthy Child Development
- First Aid/CPR
- Food Handler Certificate
- Successful police reference clearance with VPS or willing to complete
**All program workers are involved in program planning, facilitation, tutoring and behaviour management.
Terms: Part-Time Position (contract, seasonal)
Hours: 9 hours per week (Tuesday through Thursday 3:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.),), including 3 hours for training and planning per month.
Start Date: October 2018
End Date: June 2019
Reporting: Program Manager/Program Coordinator
Pay rate: $17 per hour
Location: A designated EAST END school site in Toronto (Scarborough)
Deadline for submissions: Ongoing
Note: The Agency conducts continuous interviews (telephone screening and personal interviews) and will hire the first suitable candidate.We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be conducted.
LDATD is an inclusive employer committed to ensuring accessibility. If you require accommodations to attend an interview, please contact us.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
- youth: 1 year (Preferred)