Database Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Geotab Oakville
Geotab Oakville urgently required following position for Database Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Database Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Geotab Oakville Jobs Details:
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Ensure existing database systems perform well and are properly configured/maintained
- Develop the required tooling and monitoring in production
- Troubleshoot poor performance of queries and produce recommendations, such as indexes, IO subsystem requirements, memory, configuration, SQL query changes etc
- Work with DevOps teams to ensure changes can be applied to thousands of databases as required
- Bachelors of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or other related degree
- 1+ years of experience with PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Powershell/Shell scripting experience
- Google Cloud Platform or other cloud management experience
- Familiar with identifying and tuning poor performing SQL queries
- Windows/linux system knowledge, performance tuning