Registration Clerk Cmc Medical Records Jobs Vacancy in Nova Scotia Health Authority Nsha Halifax
Nova Scotia Health Authority Nsha Halifax urgently required following position for Registration Clerk Cmc Medical Records. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Registration Clerk Cmc Medical Records Jobs Vacancy in Nova Scotia Health Authority Nsha Halifax Jobs Details:
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Assistant Manahers of HIS Registration, the Registration Clerk is responsible for the accurate and efficient pre-registration/registration of inpatients and/or outpatients including KIOSK stations, and the ordering of diagnostic tests, utilizing one or more enterprise systems, (STAR, Millennium, PHS) according to Nova Scotia Health Authority’s policies. The Registration Clerk will assist patients at KIOSK stations and provide directional assistance to clinic areas. Also responsible for the daily reconciliation and data quality activities. The Registration Clerk minimizes duplicate records and overlap entries and performs data integrity activities.
- Grade XII plus one year related experience or grade XII plus one year secretarial/business program
- Medical Terminology course would be an asset
- Proven ability to organize workload independently, meet timelines and deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of Department of Health/Canadian Institute of Health Information requirements an asset
- Knowledge of various computer software programs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in an effective, calm and professional manner with staff, other professionals, patients and families
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills
- Ability to function independently as well as a team member
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful external applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information
**A skills test will be administered as part of the selection process **
Hours of Work
- Regular, full-time position; 70 hours biweekly
Communications Clerk B:
$19.2132 - $20.9541 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentations such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on timeliness of delivering the above.
This is a Admin Professionals NSGEU Off and Cler bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are: Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/