Logistics Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Nafor Executive Recruiting Toronto
Nafor Executive Recruiting Toronto urgently required following position for Logistics Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Logistics Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Nafor Executive Recruiting Toronto Jobs Details:
$40,000 - Perfect job to launch your logistics career or take it to a higher level. This role is all about coordinating the ground shipments of 800 plus containers across North America annually. We design, produce and ship millions of potted plant containers to north Americas largest retailers. Having grown by 500% over a 10 year period, Centrade/CTi is a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company. The products you dispatch will end up in every state and province. We need you to help get them there on time. This is the type of company where you will gain more hands on experience in one year than five years at a multi-national company. The office is fun and the atmosphere is friendly. You will work very closely with the Production and Logistics Manager.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO:
- Help move 800 shipping containers per year around North America
- Help solve problems when issues outside of your control cause delays. e.g. poor weather conditions, mechanical problems, traffic delays and accidents
- Provide logistical assistance for all shipments from original pick-up point to final delivery point
- Track and trace all shipments in real time
- Process changes or cancellations to shipments
- Prepare freight quotations and shipping documents
- Coordinate routing with all carriers (ground, rail, ocean)
- Communicate with customs brokers, freight forwarders, and contracted carriers
- Research and negotiate quotes for competitive rates from new carriers in order to add them to our supply chain network
- Ensure the shipping schedule is always up to date
- Communicate any schedule changes with the sales staff
- Oversee inventory movements and reconciliation
- Track and receive proof of delivery (POD) and invoices from carriers within 7 days of delivery
- Ability to quickly and accurately perform mathematical calculations
- Second nature computer skills (excel and other in-house systems) - We will train you on specifics
- Strong negotiation and deal-making skills
- Ability to solve problems and provide new solutions when the plan changes
- Strong people skills and the ability to deal with "strong" client personalities
- Broad understanding of North American geography and shipping routes
For the most part this is a Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm role however, flexible hours are sometimes necessary. Occasionally, tight deadlines may require late hours.
TO APPLY DIRECTLY AND VIEW ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.nafor.com/4007.html
Posted By: Jeff Richmond firstname.lastname@example.org 416-238-6400