Urban Planner Jobs Vacancy in Landstar Development Corporation Calgary
Landstar Development Corporation Calgary urgently required following position for Urban Planner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Urban Planner Jobs Vacancy in Landstar Development Corporation Calgary Jobs Details:
Landstar Development Corp. is a Calgary based, established real estate developer with a track record of successfully developing and executing projects spanning from master-planned communities to large-scale condominium developments. We developed projects in Calgary, Saskatoon and are actively working on projects in Alberta and BC. After over 20 years of consistent growth, Landstar has developed the acumen, expertise and reputation necessary to construct high quality projects, and completing them in a timely and cost-effective manner. Landstar has grown to become a well-balanced and highly respected land development company, pursuing development and construction projects in residential, retail-commercial, and mixed-use properties.
Urban Planner Position:
We are seeking an energetic Urban Planner, who has a BSc., or a master’s degree, from a recognized Urban Planning University program (or related degree) and has at least five years of active urban planning experience. Reporting to the Vice President, Development & Operations, this position prepares and transacts all processes vis-à-vis municipal statutory Land Use (zoning) applications, Subdivision and Development Permit planning approvals, and provides analysis, research and other input for all urban planning related matters.
- The Urban Planner should demonstrate real world experience in regulatory Land Use planning, Land Use policy and urban design. At least three years of experience working in planning within the private and or public sector within Alberta's, or BC.
- The position must ensure that application timelines and all municipal and statutory requirements are met.
- As part of the process, this position would develop and coordinate public consultation strategies for planning matters as required and assist with the development of real estate projects by providing planning perspectives and reality check.
- The Planner will work with other consultants and all stakeholders to resolve issues arising from planning applications.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Must have a Degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Geography, Architecture, or a related discipline. Graduate Degree would be considered an asset.
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Planners.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a municipal planning or at an urban planning environment.
- Extensive experience in project management and demonstrated experience of successful negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and timelines.
- Strong computer, presentation/graphics, and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a strong entrepreneurial and creative team, but also able to work independently, and self initiate.
- A valid driver license and vehicle for transportation.
We offer an attractive benefits package and flexible working arrangements in an easy going and collegial environment, competitive salaries with bonuses based on individual performance and corporate success, and support for professional development.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter
Job Type: Full-time
- Urban Planning: 3 years (Preferred)