Reference Data Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Toronto
Bmo Financial Group Toronto urgently required following position for Reference Data Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Reference Data Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Toronto Jobs Details:
- Support the operationalization of Data Governance for the Enterprise
- Responsible for gathering information requirements and defining standards and rules to ensure master data is compliant with defined information, policies and quality requirements within their assigned domain
- Provides reference/master data SME (Subject Matter Expert) input to various project teams as it relates to data management and governance.
- Work closely with the business and IT teams to define data elements, metadata, master/reference data rules, processes and data quality metrics
- Interacts heavily with business and technical subject matter experts and providing input to project teams (business and technical).
- Ensures key employees in the area(s) of the bank under his/her responsibility fully understand the Data Governance operating model, including its relevance to meeting regulatory and business objectives
- Support the coordination of data quality requirements and rules to enable measurement of data quality for a specified area(s) of the bank
- Help orchestrates the root causes of quality deficiencies and remediation plans
- Within the context of Data Governance, builds and sustains the day-to-day relationships and communications with business partners at various levels of the organization, as well as other internal and external resources
- Work closely with Data Architect(s) and Application Architects to ensure alignment of data governance processes and deliverables with systems architectures. Create and deliver artifacts including but not limited to data models, data lineage and data flow diagrams
- Ensures linkage with key bank initiatives
- Leads and/or contributes to regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. North-South Data Governance Working Group Meeting, Data Quality Meeting, Data Model Meeting, Decision Forums) to review progress and initiatives with key constituents.
- Represents the objectives the Data Governance program in various business process and technology projects and inter-departmental forums
- Provides leadership, motivation, coaching, mentoring and professional development for junior resources in order to obtain a high level of co-operation and contribution from all project members
- Contributes to improve the best practices of the data governance community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s degree is preferred, as is experience with statistical analysis and/or data architecture. Candidates not meeting the degree requirement should possess the equivalent of 15 years of relevant education and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of combined experience and in-depth knowledge of reference data governance, data quality, change management, Banking, 3+ years in business analysis, developing standards, processes, specifications and policies
- Reference Data (Master Data Management , Source to Valid Table mappings, Industry Standards like ISO codes) and Tools (IBM Infosphere is preferred)
- Understanding of Data Governance and Data Quality Management
- Exposure to multiple business units in BMO’s environment to understand the linkages and dependencies
- Strong knowledge of a specific area of BMO business (e.g. Capital Markets, Risk, Personal Banking, etc.)
- Well versed in data governance, information management frameworks; Understanding of Master Data management, relational databases and reference data management would be essential
- Strong knowledge of data structures and ability to efficiently manipulate/query data
- Excellent oral/written communication (including experience in facilitation)
- Ability to apply and coach the principles of operational excellence, development of problem statements and action plans, as well as value stream mapping, project planning and systematic problem solving
- Excellent relationship management and consulting skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflict, execute with partial information and ambiguity
- Leadership capabilities
- Capable of driving initiatives within a line of business and across the enterprise
- Knowledge in the use of data governance, profiling, analysis, and management tools
- Business and technical writing skills
- Expert presentation skills which bring clarity and precision to help management understand and visualize complex material to support organizational decision-making
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex data governance issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting the business environment
- Must be proactive, and have the ability to work independently/efficiently and to thrive in a fast paced environment, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of banking, capital markets products and ISO/reference data sets
- At least 2 years with hands-on usage of IBM MDM tools or equivalent with explicit knowledge of the MDM tool functions, features, and core MDM capabilities supported
JobAnalytics & Reporting
OrganisationEnterprise Data & AI-X004874