Operative Housing Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Castlefrank Operative Homes Kanata
Castlefrank Operative Homes Kanata urgently required following position for Operative Housing Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operative Housing Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Castlefrank Operative Homes Kanata Jobs Details:
Castlefrank Co-operative Homes is seeking to fill the permanent part-time position of a Coordinator of a federal housing Co-op located in Kanata south. Castlefrank Co-op is a beautifully maintained, inviting Co-op that has 64 town homes comprised of two, three and four-bedroom units.
The Co-op Coordinator position requires knowledge of general administrative practices and procedures to provide support and services to the members of Castlefrank Co-operative Homes Inc. This position requires an organized self starter with strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of co-operative management objectives, policies and procedures. Experience and knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations regarding the federal co-op housing sector are key to being successful in this position. General accounting, banking knowledge, as well as, typical office software proficiency would be an asset.
Reporting to the Co-op’s Board of Directors, the coordinator’s job will be to oversee and be accountable for the management of the Co-op’s daily operations. Duties will include:
- manage the Co-op’s finances
- administrate an overall property maintenance and repair program
- ensure that the Co-op meets its legal obligations
- maintain full occupancy of the Co-op
- support good governance in the Co-op by the board and membership; and
- efficient administration of the Co-op’s office.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience managing the operations of a not-for-profit housing corporation; including the preparation of annual budgets, preparing monthly financial reports, and completion of the Annual Information Return (AIR)
- Knowledge of Microsoft software, and office admin software
- In-depth working knowledge of rent geared to income program administration and experience working in the social housing community
- Experience in working in a team environment and overseeing contractors
- Between two and five years of previous experience with accounting/bookkeeping
- Knowledge of Co-ops and/or non-profit housing, rent-geared-to-income (RGI) accounting, and knowledge of Housing Services Act (HSA) and the Co-operative Corporations Act
Required Skills and Knowledge
- A highly motivated self-starter with an ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Competencies in engaging with the general public in a friendly and professional manner
- Strong organizational, time management, planning, and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including cross-cultural communication
- Experience with Board and committee support, including meeting facilitation
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be considered a strength
- Knowledge and experience in asset and/or project management (eg. Capital planning)
- Property management experience in the private sector will be an asset
- Valid driver’s licence and access to vehicle
Castlefrank Co-operative Homes Inc. offers a competitive salary within the Co-op housing sector, commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include the CHF benefits package (i.e. dental, drugs, extended health, and life insurance). Please indicate salary expectations on your covering letter.