Senior Tester Electrical Jobs Vacancy in Toronto Transit Commission Toronto
Toronto Transit Commission Toronto urgently required following position for Senior Tester Electrical. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Tester Electrical Jobs Vacancy in Toronto Transit Commission Toronto Jobs Details:
SENIOR TESTER - ELECTRICAL
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SECTION
SUBWAY INFRASTRUCTURE DEPARTMENT
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar, and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service, and courtesy.”
- Testing and commissioning new, repaired and altered traction power distribution cables
- Designing traction power cable tests, performing tests, preparing test results and ensuring pass/fail criteria are correctly assigned
- Assisting with the development of project test strategies and plans
- Coordinating independent testing of old/removed cables and completing conditional assessments and failure analysis
- Preparing and processing defect notifications for anomalies observed during testing; investigating and analysing failures; providing recommendations for the resolution of test problems
- Writing and updating test procedures, guidelines and documents to ensure the accuracy and safety of traction power cables
- Providing technical support for electrical cable and equipment installation and commissioning
- Evaluating conditional assessments of cable duct banks, cable chamber and cable vaults
- Participating in the TTC Customer Service Ambassador Program
- Treating passengers and employees with respect and dignity and ensuring that passengers or employees with disabilities are accommodated and addressed in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders so that they can fully benefit from the TTC as a service-provider and employer
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline, or the equivalent combined with several years of directly related work experience with the installation, repair and testing of underground traction power distribution cables
- Strong knowledge of construction of cable duct banks, cable chambers and cable vaults
- Comprehensive knowledge of underground cable installation, methodologies, commissioning principles and best practices
- Knowledge of AC/DC Power Distribution equipment including AC Switch Gear, DC Switch Gear protection principles, feeder cable installation
- Knowledge of testing and commissioning management principles and practices, construction methods and processes, construction inspection, and knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Must have or rapidly acquire comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
- Must possess sound judgement; highly developed organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage the work of multi-disciplined teams and deal with complex issues
- Familiarity with computers and computer based techniques and applications related to the work
- Ability to prepare and interpret complex reports, drawings and recognize problems and evaluate solutions
- A valid Province of Ontario class ‘G’ driver's licence is required
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario is an asset
Annual Salary Range: $92,164.80 - $115,260.60 (Level 10SA) – 35 Hour Work Week
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
At the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), we place a high value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day, and we keep Toronto moving with a dedication to service, safety and convenience that is unparalleled in our industry. We invite you to join our team in delivering on our commitment to creating a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
Hiring and selection preferences are not given in the employment of an employee’s relatives. Relatives of current TTC employees cannot be hired, assigned transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a potential conflict of interest due to relationship. If you are qualified for the position for which you are applying, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee at the employment interview.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.