Database Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Ardene Montréal
Ardene Montréal urgently required following position for Database Administrator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Database Administrator Jobs Vacancy in Ardene Montréal Jobs Details:
Founded in 1982, Ardene has become one of North America’s premier fashion retailers with over 400 stores. Through an extensive product mix and continuous commitment to innovation, customer service, fashion and value, we aim to be the fashion value brand leader worldwide for fashion accessories, footwear and apparel.
We are currently looking for a Database Administrator to join our team.
The Database Administrator is responsible for the architecture, management and maintenance of Ardene’s database environment to ensure high levels of availability and security in support of the business applications. The individual will lead the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure the configuration, performance and maintenance and health of the system is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements. The Database Administrator will also provide guidance and mentorship to other groups within the business while serving as a key escalation point for any technical needs.
- Database design for all of dependent systems/services
- Install and configure new SQL Servers as required
- Document the company’s database environment
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures on SQL Server
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of DB server software and related products
- Implement and maintain DB security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Reduction of SQL instances into a manageable efficient structure
- Plan and schedule system maintenance
- Monitor daily backups for integrity and completeness as well as perform periodic test restores
- Research and evaluate feasibility of new technologies
- Plan and develop disaster recovery procedures
- Participate in design discussions for any new or refreshed systems
- Performance monitoring
- Occasionally participate on process development
Qualifications and skills
- College/Undergraduate Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent of 5 years of MS-SQL Server and Oracle Database work experience
- Ability to Install and configure new SQL Servers/SSRS instances and upgrade existing instances
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries.
- Great organizational, project management, team building, and people skills
- Ability to work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions
- Ability to achieve efficiencies through workflow improvement
- Strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology
- Familiar with PCI and C-Sox compliances
- Highly analytical and driven to identify new opportunities or solutions
- Knowledge of POWER BI is a must.
Job Type: Full-time