Senior Piping Vibration Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Transcanada Calgary
Transcanada Calgary urgently required following position for Senior Piping Vibration Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Piping Vibration Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Transcanada Calgary Jobs Details:
Senior Piping Vibration Engineer
Reference Code: 54465
TransCanada is seeking a Vibration Engineer to support critical infrastructure and projects. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of the Mechanical and Civil Engineering team in the Liquid Pipelines Business Unit.
This Engineer will conduct integrity assessments of dynamically energized piping systems using and developing stress and strain based acceptance criteria, vibration response and fatigue life theories to interpret risks in operations or changes to operations. This role is focused on pipe integrity of facility piping and vibration monitoring activities are to supplement engineering studies by collecting and analyzing data to diagnose a wide range of vibration related fault conditions. The engineer is responsible to recommend engineering solutions that ensures the integrity of the Liquid Pipeline Facilities with consideration for long term maintainability. The engineer will be responsible for managing maintenance programs, triggering health monitoring, predict concerns through trending of equipment operating range and operations philosophy of the pipeline.
Identify and trigger investigative actions required for susceptible operations and design;
Drive and define studies required for preventative maintenance services, repairs, and other mitigation strategies for piping such as operational restrictions (ie. throttling of equipment and pump operations) or design changes on existing or aging assets (ie., modified piping or bracing designs, pipe support for large diameter piping);
Implement continuous live time monitoring equipment and/or perform handheld vibration diagnostic at problematic stations including travel to all liquid assets in North America as required;
Perform vibration data extraction, manipulation and analysis for comparison against industry accepted and stress based acceptance criteria;
Develop visual surveillance and qualitative measurement plans for field personnel;
Develop long term maintenance strategy including frequency and objectives for nondestructive testing;
Develop and maintain vibration escalation, monitoring and surveillance procedures;
Develop and maintain vibration equipment maintenance and replacement procedures;
Identify vibration monitoring technologies suitable for each application;
Coordination and schedule activities for field activities;
Train Field Technicians/Engineers on vibration testing equipment and awareness as required;
Manage Finite Element Analysis (FEA) projects for piping designs to determine thresholds for vibration monitoring;
Prepare thorough comprehensive reports of activities, data findings, recommendations and risk management recommendations;
Develop vibration test scopes and design review for new assets;
Complete operational assessments and develop documentation required for Management of Change in asset operations;
Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Practical application of engineering skills, fundamental understanding of vibrations;
- Able to thrive through an environment/industry (Piping Vibration) of high uncertainty and eager to influence progress in this area;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work and interact positively with others;
- Excellent organization, time management and prioritization skills;
- Motivated to contribute and participate in the development of the Piping Vibration Program, such as performing field visits, test requirements, equipment maintenance, third party coordination, and development of long term integrity programs for piping systems, etc.;
- Approximately 25% travel required across North America.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 6 years of Oil and Gas Pipeline work experience;
- Experience with pipeline operations and hydraulics;
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) would be considered an asset;
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA.
- This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license;
- Provide a driver's abstract for review;
- Able to travel to the US and Mexico.
- This position will require travel across borders and as such the candidate must be able to provide applicable documentation to this affect.
- Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada's accommodation policies please contact email@example.com.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 10/25/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 54465. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.