Event Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Ottawa Festival Network Ottawa
Ottawa Festival Network Ottawa urgently required following position for Event Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Event Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Ottawa Festival Network Ottawa Jobs Details:
DC1 – Event Assistant
This position is available through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership Program (JCP). The JCP program is an employment program offered to provide unemployed job seekers in Ontario with work experience to enhance their marketability. For more information about JCP please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
Salary: $423 per week for 30 hours/week ($14.10/hour)
DESIRED CONTRACT LENGTH: 26 weeks
HOURS PER WEEK: 30 (4 days, 7.5 hours per day)
START DATE: October 1, 2018 END DATE: For Set Weeks
JOB SUMMARY: Administratively supports the Director of Operations and is tasked with other administrative projects by the Director of Teams.
REPORTING: Reporting to and working directly under the supervision of the Director of Operations.
- Assist volunteer services team, ie. Maintain and manage registration system, contact registered volunteers by email/phone to confirm their schedule duties.
- Assist with various aspects of the festival’s marketing campaign, such as create social media content, update media contact list and email press releases.
- Work alongside all members of the Ice Dragon Boat team to support the Director of Operations during set-up and tear down.
- Liaise with Board of Directors and other event staff as necessary.
- All other related duties, as required by event staff team.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATONS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or higher level of education.
- Computer literate with recent experience using MS Office programs.
- Ability to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously and autonomously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous special event experience is a definite asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please forward your resume and cover letter. Only those candidates who meet the JCP criteria will be contacted for an interview.
To learn more about the JCP criteria, please visit: http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/jobs/jcp-overview/
Ottawa Festivals welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $14.10 /hour