Human Resources Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in National Research Council Canada Ottawa
National Research Council Canada Ottawa urgently required following position for Human Resources Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Human Resources Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in National Research Council Canada Ottawa Jobs Details:
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's premiere research and technology organization.
We are looking for a vibrant and dynamic Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) to support the Hiring Services team. The Human Resources Coordinator would be someone who shares our core values of impact, Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
The Human Resources Coordinator’s (HRC) primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to a wide range of HR areas. The support entails the preparation and dissemination of documentation; producing and generating reports; resolution of a wide range of problems; interaction with clients to exchange information, responding to various queries with a view to creating and maintaining a positive impression of the organization. The HRC keeps abreast of all new relevant programs, policies and initiatives and assists with the communication process to clients regarding local procedural and process changes as appropriate.
The HRC maintains a human resources data tracking and reporting system (SAP) and provides system related information, requiring the use of the various HR modules as well as the reporting function that the system provides.
This position will appeal to a person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is well organized and detail-oriented, and who enjoys working collaboratively as part of team to deliver excellent client service to a wide range of clients from across Canada and the general public.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Successful completion of secondary school according to provincial standards.
Preference may be given to candidates with relevant postsecondary education.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
Recent and significant** experience in an office environment providing client service and administrative support including the following:
- Preparing, proofreading and formatting documents and correspondence.
- Coordinating meetings.
- Responding to client enquiries.
- Experience at an intermediate level with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Outlook and Word.
Preference may be given to applicants with experience in any of the following areas:
- Providing administrative support or human resources services in a complex and/or unionized organization.
- Using a human resources information management system (such as SAP or PeopleSoft) including data entry, maintenance, tracking and generating reports.
- Experience with SuccessFactors would be an asset.
**Significant and recent means a minimum of two years’ experience gained within the last five years.
Condition of Employment
Bilingual Imperative CBC/CBC
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Ability to provide information, explain processes and respond to queries.
- Ability to organize a variety of tasks and activities while balancing multiple priorities.
- Ability to use computer software to prepare a wide variety of HR documents.
- Ability to work effectively in a continuously changing work environment.
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Management services - Conceptual and analytical ability (Level 1)
- Management services - Communication (Level 2)
- Management services - Initiative (Level 2)
- Management services - Teamwork (Level 1)
- Management services - Results orientation (Level 2)
- Management services - Client focus (Level 1)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile(s): Management Services
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
From $47,713 to $60,673 per annum.
In addition, the incumbent will receive the Bilingualism Bonus of $800 per year.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- Candidates who have Second Language Evaluation (SLE) test results with the Public Service Commission should include these results with their application.
- This position is being advertised internally and externally simultaneously, however first consideration will be given to internal NRC applicants.
- In order to ensure a prompt and efficient processing of applications, candidates are encouraged to provide, along with their résumé, a detailed covering letter explaining how they meet each of the requirements of this position (education, experience, language requirements) by providing concrete examples. In addition, the candidate is encouraged to describe in detail when, where and how he/she gained the experience.
- A written examination may be administered.
- NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- As an added bonus, NRC employees receive an additional week off at the end of December. NRC shuts down between the 24th of December and the 1st of January. Employees are paid for this time, but make up the hours during the year.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Measures for accommodation are available to all candidates retained for further assessment.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (3262) to:
Closing Date: 3 October 2018 - 23:59 Eastern Time