Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Victorian Order Nurses For Canada Nova Scotia Branch Yarmouth
- Administrative Assistant
- Victorian Order Nurses For Canada Nova Scotia Branch
- Yarmouth NS
- 15 Nov, 2018 25 days ago
Victorian Order Nurses For Canada Nova Scotia Branch Yarmouth urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Victorian Order Nurses For Canada Nova Scotia Branch Yarmouth Jobs Details:
Employment Status: Temporary, Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Anticipated End Date: 01/18/2019
Number of Hours Bi-weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
Location: Yarmouth, NS
An opportunity currently exists for an Administrative Assistant to support the Yarmouth site. The Administrative Assistant will carry out various administrative tasks including general office support, secretarial and reception duties, information management and handling of supplies.
- Participation and minute-taking at team meetings as required
- Distribute and maintain inventory of all devices
- Complete database maintenance and clean up to increase the efficiency and accuracy of the data
- Managing filing systems as required (hard files and electronic files)
- Order and maintain office supplies inventory
- Respond to all volunteer and client inquiries regarding programs
- Reception relief as required
- Create and maintain reports
- Act as a liaison between staff and technical solution providers
- Create, update and manipulate Excel spreadsheets
- Perform other related duties as required
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in office administration, medical office administration or health information management
- Experience using databases and scheduling
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Procura is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment and to adapt to a changing work environment
- Strong organizational/administrative skills
- Knowledgeable of the principles surrounding confidentiality and security of information
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.