Claims Officer Anticipatory Jobs Vacancy in Government Canada Waterloo
Government Canada Waterloo urgently required following position for Claims Officer Anticipatory. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Claims Officer Anticipatory Jobs Vacancy in Government Canada Waterloo Jobs Details:
$57,430 to $61,877
Closing date: 22 October 2018 - 23:59, Pacific TimeWho can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request special accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Information on accommodation for persons with disabilities
***VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: It is the responsibility of the candidate to clearly outline that they meet each of the screening criteria (i.e. Education and Experience Qualifications, both Essential and Assets) by RESPONDING TO THE SCREENING QUESTIONS IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION. Please note that it is not sufficient to only state that the requirement is met or to provide a listing of current responsibilities, rather the candidate must provide concrete examples that illustrate how they meet the requirement. Lack of EXAMPLES and DETAILS may result in your application being rejected as the Assessment Board will have insufficient information to determine whether or not you meet the qualifications.
- Reviews and analyses claims submitted by applicants to determine the accuracy, eligibility and propriety of costs claimed.
- Liaises with private and public sector applicants and partners to discuss, clarify and resolve anomalies with respect to costs claimed and other related claim issues.
- Produces reports to identify and explain variances between amounts paid by the Crown as a result of audit deletions and adjustments.
- Maintains accounting records for the reporting of program expenditures and commitments.
- Conducts surveys of active projects to provide timely updates of cash flow forecasts.
The Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario) is part of the Innovation, Science and Economic Development portfolio and one of six regional development agencies, each of which helps to address key economic challenges by providing regionally-tailored programs, services, knowledge and expertise.
As Canada's most populous region-home to 12.7 million residents living in 288 communities-southern Ontario is a key contributor to the overall Canadian economy. FedDev Ontario helps create and grow businesses, cultivate partnerships and build strong communities across the region through its programs and services, including Canada Business Ontario, as well as its program delivery partners.
FedDev Ontario prides itself on its service-orientation and entrepreneurial way of doing business that enables us to deliver results for our clients. When you choose a career with us, you experience the passion, excitement and rewards linked with this fulfilling work.
Intent of the process
A pool may be established as a result of this process and may be used to fill similar positions with various tenures (via Acting, Assignment, Deployment, Indeterminate, Secondment, Specified Period), language requirements and security profiles within the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario in Waterloo, Ontario.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
A secondary school diploma or employer-approved alternatives (see Note 1).
- Experience in using Microsoft Word or similar programs
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel or similar programs
- Experience in using Microsoft Outlook or similar programs
- Experience performing various financial and accounting duties (for example: expense reconciliation, procurement, budgeting, accounts payable, or accounts receivable, etc.)
- Experience reviewing large data sets and formulating recommendations
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
Information on language requirements
- Demonstrating integrity and respect
- Thinking things through
- Working effectively with others
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented
- Ability to collect and compile information in an organized manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to analyze data and communicate recommendations
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Attention to detail
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
Graduation with a degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a specialty relevant to the position.
- Experience administering grants and contribution programs
- Experience verifying claims
- Experience processing payments
- Experience in following up on accounts payable
- Ability to resolve reimbursement related issues
- Ability to problem solve using initiative and creativity
- Willingness and ability to work overtime on short notice
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the targeted groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
1. The employer-approved alternatives to a secondary school diploma are:
- A satisfactory score on the Public Service Commission test approved as an alternative to a secondary school diploma; or
- An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order.
Information on the preference to veterans