Office Assistant Protective Services Fte Jobs Vacancy in City Wetaskiwin Wetaskiwin
City Wetaskiwin Wetaskiwin urgently required following position for Office Assistant Protective Services Fte. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Assistant Protective Services Fte Jobs Vacancy in City Wetaskiwin Wetaskiwin Jobs Details:
The City of Wetaskiwin’s Protective Services department is seeking a candidate with strong organization and time management skills, initiative, and the ability to work on special projects. Reporting to Director of Protective Services, the Office Assistant II provides administrative support for the Director of Protective Services, the Deputy Fire Chief, and the Health and Safety Coordinator. If you are an organized, self-starter and enjoy working as team, join the City of Wetaskiwin. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pension, and benefits.
- Foster positive relationships with City employees, vendors, community stakeholders and the public
- Prepare and edit daily, weekly, and monthly documents/reports
- Answer phones, file documents, photocopy materials and maintain calendars.
- Data and time sheet entry
- Prepare invoices, purchase orders and receive supplies
- Write and edit documents, reports and correspondence
- Manage office consumables including office and public education supplies, postage system, kitchen supplies, printer and copier supplies, stationary, etc.
- Understand and communicate information to the public about municipal bylaws, regulations, policy and procedures relating to the fire department
- Coordinate training, workshops and schedule events with vendors
- Assist in planning, organizing and executing department events (Coordinate with vendors, organize agendas, attendees and maintain financial records)
- Maintain personal and confidential information in accordance with policies and procedures
- Maintain social media accounts to promote events, safety information, bylaws and other important information
- Design, format, create and distribute advertisements
- Assist with yearly H&S internal audits: Prepare and review health and safety documentation, conduct staff interviews, complete on-site inspections, compile data and statistical evidence, prepare and format audit report
- Driving city-owned vehicles for maintenance
- Completion of Grade 12 and a certificate or diploma in Office Administration is preferred with three (3) years of administrative experience.
- Competent computer skills including MS Office, Outlook, Publisher, Internet, Website management and editing PDF’s.
- Excellent customer services skills and interpersonal communication skills including ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must complete a criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check.
- Must produce current drivers abstract.
Closing Date & Contact Information
Applications will be accepted until end-of-day September 25, 2018. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The City of Wetaskiwin is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.