Engineer Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Heritage Park Historical Village Calgary
Heritage Park Historical Village Calgary urgently required following position for Engineer Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineer Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Heritage Park Historical Village Calgary Jobs Details:
Heritage Park is seeking an enthusiastic individual for the role of Engineer’s Assistant in our Steam Train Operations department. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Engineer’s Assistant will support the operation and maintenance of all locomotives, rolling stock, tracks, and other equipment. The successful candidate will also assist with restoration work. This is a full-time, year-round position with an excellent benefits and pension plan package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates and maintains Pressure Vessels within the Park; inspects, monitors and maintains tracks
- Maintains, repairs, and restores locomotives and all rolling stock to preserve each piece to its fullest life expectancy
- Ensures all Railway steam driven equipment is maintained and operated in a safe manner
- Assists in organizing and complying with the required railway/locomotive inspections
- Maintains concise records, logs, and written information on railway maintenance
- Schedules and supervises seasonal railway staff in the absence of Chief Engineer
- Performs general mechanical repairs, metal work, and welding
- Completion of high school and a 3rd Class Power Engineer Technical Course
- Completion of ABSA’s Part A and Part B examinations
- Three to five years of experience in a role that demonstrates skilled mechanical aptitude
- Must possess a working knowledge of historical boiler design, operation, and regulations with a demonstrated ability to maintain mechanical maintenance items
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with NBIC, ASME, AB 534, and CSA-B51 as it pertains to historical and locomotive boilers
Working Conditions and Hours of Work:
- 40 hours per week; some evenings, weekends, and overtime as required
- This position may require work in non-climate controlled environments and will bring the individual in contact with grease, oil, diesel fuel, paint, and various abrasive agents
- Must perform a wide range of tasks with varying physical requirements, sometimes in less than ideal working conditions