Records Officer Jobs Vacancy in Capilano University North Vancouver
Capilano University North Vancouver urgently required following position for Records Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Records Officer Jobs Vacancy in Capilano University North Vancouver Jobs Details:
This is varied administrative and customer service work in support of the Registrar’s Office. An incumbent in this position is primarily responsible for ensuring that student records, major processes, and related services are maintained at the highest level of accuracy and standards. Duties include coordinating and maintaining systems processes that support records and student services, processing forms, letters, and requests for student record information, liaising with University departments and students on student record-related matters, compiling reports and statistics, and other student records processes. This position reports to the Associate Registrar of the functional area and receives operational direction from the Supervisor.Key Responsibilities
- Processes, updates and maintains permanent student records and files.
- Maintains student records by processing application, registration, grade, graduation, and records related forms and materials. Checks that the information and forms submitted are complete and conform to student record requirements. Processes standard and non-standard forms, as required.
- Leads the time ticketing, beginning of term, and end of term processes. Troubleshoots and resolves any issues.
- Liaises with University departments for time ticketing and grading inquiries, registration override requests, and the processing of non-standard applications, registrations, and records changes.
- Researches, analyses, and corrects errors in student records to meet data standards and ensure data integrity (e.g. duplicate IDs, missing/outstanding grades, missing/non-validated PENs)
- Organizes end of term processing. Reviews output and assesses and troubleshoots issues to find root causes and resolves any issues.
- Processes, for approval of the Registrar or designate, all requests for late drops and withdrawals, and course withdrawals due to extenuating circumstances.
- Verifies, prepares and releases appropriate student record information for third party requests (e.g. education verifications, lawyers requests)
- Assists with the development and testing of student record related system improvements and implementations. Documents new or updated processes and procedures.
- Provides back-up support to the Student Information Services Officers as required and provides input on work schedules, under the direction of the Supervisor.
- Trains, orients, and updates staff in new and existing policies, procedures, and systems, as directed; escalates related issues to Supervisor, as required.
- Researches, analyses and tests new or updated system functionality.
- Develops and coordinates the reporting functionality through Banner, Argos or other systems.
- Prepares transcripts and ensures that business processing standards are met.
- Prepares and signs routine and non-routine correspondence, and other documentation related to admissions, registration and records.
- Prepares and distributes email communications to students through Banner or other systems.
- Evaluates and scans documents as received. Enters information relevant to student records process. Ensures data entered is accurate.
- Requests, compiles, files and updates information from Enrolment Services, University instructional and service areas, and from other educational institutions. Distributes information as required to a variety of internal and external areas.
- May be required to take training and act in the capacity of a floor warden as part of the University’s Emergency Preparedness Plan (Fire, W.H.M.I.S, and Earthquake).
- Performs duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the position.
- Thorough knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations and procedures that govern the University and Registrar’s Office activities.
- Thorough knowledge of spreadsheet, and database applications and the ability to upgrade if required.
- Thorough knowledge of Banner or another automated student record system.
- Considerable knowledge of the University’s programs, courses, services and activities offered and knowledge of viable alternatives available for programs not offered by the University.
- Considerable knowledge of the University’s policies and procedures governing student records maintenance, admissions, registration, transfer credit, and graduation.
- Considerable knowledge of the application of freedom of information and protection of privacy provisions to the operation of the department.
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Considerable knowledge of word-processing applications.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to work independently, under the minimal direction of a supervisor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to take responsibility for completion and follow-through of goals and tasks.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot incidents and problems.
- Ability to carry out research assignments and to assist in assembling and organizing information obtained from a variety of sources.
- Ability to multitask and apply organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to process, enter and maintain accurate records and archives.
- Ability to handle difficult customers appropriately and use judgement while providing a high level of customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, students, external contacts, and the general public.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with constant interruptions and to maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to learn software applications and use them in accordance with established methods and procedures.
- Ability to assess information and service needs, and provide information regarding student records which includes admission procedures, educational planning, academic advising, and registration.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations and tabulations correctly.
- Ability to compose routine and non-routine correspondence and reports.
- Ability to provide one-on-one instruction on assigned tasks to new and temporary staff.
- Completion of a two-year Diploma or Associate Degree (minimum 60 credits).
- Two years of directly related work experience in an administrative and customer service role, including work experience in an educational setting with significant contact with students, faculty, and the public.
Our standard work week is Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. This position may include evenings and weekends.
$3,877 – $4,364 per month based on a 35 hour work week.