Senior Derivative Analyst Alternative Investment Services Jobs Vacancy in Rbc Toronto
- Senior Derivative Analyst Alternative Investment Services
- Toronto ON
- 24 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Rbc Toronto urgently required following position for Senior Derivative Analyst Alternative Investment Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Derivative Analyst Alternative Investment Services Jobs Vacancy in Rbc Toronto Jobs Details:
What is the opportunity?
Alternative Investment Services provides Derivative Services for all Investor and Treasury Services Clients who participate in these products. Services include the valuation of all OTC and Exchange Traded Derivative Products, Full Security Master Creation and Modeling, Term Loan administration, as well as Trade Processing, Margin, & Collateral management and other settlement activities
As the Senior Analyst in the Alternatives Investment team, you will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing the accounting of all transactions and assisting with the daily, monthly and annual administration of derivatives and term Loans, as well as highly complex portfolios that deal in hedge and mutual funds. This role requires frequent collaboration with other internal operations and investment teams and external service providers (e.g., fund accounting, agents, and auditors).
What will you do?
- Performs day to day processing and analysis of Alternative products, including a variety of Derivatives products and term loans
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of Reporting, and to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of accounting for performance and exposure analysis.
- Performs Accounting functions including control and updating the general ledger, appropriate review, analysis of profit and loss (P&L) and reconciliation break clearance.
- Monitor net cash flows for the various products.
- Calculate mark to market (MTM) for all open positions and posting to respective reporting platforms.
- Ensure compliance to Client’s Trust Agreements and relevant disclosure documents as it relates to service delivery and adherence to industry regulations and guidelines.
What do you need to succeed?
- 2+ years’ experience in Fund Accounting, Derivatives Administration, Fund on Funds, Hedge fund, Pension Reporting and/or Equity Funds
- Team player with strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Computer Skills: MS office, knowledge and experience with Derivatives systems and integration
- Flexibility to meet scheduled shift work
- Securities experience
- Enrolment in CAIA/CGA/CMA/CFA or other recognized accredited program is desirable
- Working knowledge of GAAP
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor & Treasury Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: Toronto or Mississauga
Address: 155 Wellington or Meadwovale office
Work Hours/Week: M-F - potential for rotating shift
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL09
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 09/28/2018
Req ID: 173454