Executive Assistant Jobs Vacancy in City Winnipeg Winnipeg
City Winnipeg Winnipeg urgently required following position for Executive Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Executive Assistant Jobs Vacancy in City Winnipeg Winnipeg Jobs Details:
The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Executive Assistant I (Temporary, up to 12 months)
Legal Services Department
Posting No: 117131
Closing Date: September 27, 2018
The Executive Assistant I provides advanced level administrative support to the City Solicitor / Director of Legal Services.
The Executive Assistant I is responsible for: organizing work flow; establishing and maintaining effective and efficient systems for correspondence and issues tracking; priority identification and deadline control; scheduling of meetings, appointments; taking of minutes during meetings; following up on actions; screening and referral of incoming inquiries and requests; as well as information gathering and compilation and preparation of routine to complex correspondence including briefing notes.
As the Executive Assistant I you will:
- Provide advanced level administrative support to the City Solicitor / Director of Legal Services, including scheduling, document management, and correspondence.
- Liaise with external parties and other City departments and agencies.
- Independently initiate correspondence or inquiries to obtain further information relative to transactions or in response to requests for information.
- Establish or revise and implement office procedures, including the preparation of checklists and process maps.
- Proofread documents and correspondence prepared by junior Legal Assistants and clerical staff and provide direction to ensure compliance with legal requirements/procedures.
- Train junior legal assistants and supervise / direct daily activities of Legal Services receptionist.
- Coordinate and record vacations, training and other absences for the department.
- Monitor budget, invoices, billings or other expenditures for the department.
- Oversee coordination and compilation of Legal Services performance metrics.
- Perform other related administrative support functions as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- College diploma and more than 3 years progressively responsible and diversified office and administrative experience at a management level or degree in Business Administration combined with 1-2 years progressive responsible and diversified office and administrative experience. An alternate combination of post-secondary education and extensive senior administrative support experience may be considered.
- Successful Completion of a Legal Administrative Assistant program from a recognized college would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to type accurately at 55 w.p.m. net, demonstrated proficiency (Advanced) Word and Outlook.
- Ability to perform responsible and difficult legal technical and administrative work with speed and accuracy using independent judgment, initiative and discretion.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and react resourcefully under varying conditions and changing priorities and deal with confidential matters discreetly and logically.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise junior staff.
- Ability to independently plan and organize the work of an administrative/clerical support function in a legal office.
- Ability to independently plan and organize records management and other work systems.
- Ability to set work priorities and to schedule and meet work deadlines is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to present a positive professional image and interact positively and effectively with individuals using patience and courtesy at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and work cooperatively as a member of a service-oriented team.
Conditions of employment:
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
- Current resume (Required).
- Cover letter
*Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*
If you do NOT have access to a computer/email, please apply, including all documentation listed above, to: Staffing Branch, HR Services, Main Floor – 510 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB by 4:30 P.M., Thursday, September 27, 2018.
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/. For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ's or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
The salary range for this position is:
Salary Schedule A1 $2,328.61 - $3,125.02 Biweekly (Grade 2)*
Salary Schedule A2 $2,328.61 - $2,848.07 Biweekly (Grade 2)*
1. *Salary Schedule A-1 will apply to employees of the City hired prior to October 21, 2001. Salary Schedule A-2 will apply to all other employees of the City. Salary Schedule A-2 will apply to all WAPSO employees who are promoted regardless of date of hire with the City.
2. Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, skills and abilities as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.