Aba Respite Worker Jobs Vacancy in Behaviour Support Network Barrie
Behaviour Support Network Barrie urgently required following position for Aba Respite Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Aba Respite Worker Jobs Vacancy in Behaviour Support Network Barrie Jobs Details:
Job Title: ABA Respite Worker (File # 2018-09)
Status: Part-Time – Casual Employee
Hours: 10-40 hours per week
Shifts: Daytime, Evenings and/or Weekends
Location: Barrie, ON
Job Type / Category
What you will be expected to do:
- Provide 1-1 support to an individual with developmental disability (e.g., Autism) in the Barrie area
- Integrate the individual in community activities while teaching various skills
- Approximately 10-40 hours of respite care per week with daytime, evening and/or weekend shifts
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
What are the job requirements?
- Minimum 1-3 years experience working with persons with special needs with a specific focus on Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) (e.g., behaviour therapist, instructor therapist, autism support worker, residential care provider, etc.)
- Have completed or in the process of completing a university degree or college diploma in human sciences (e.g., Psychology, Behavioural Science, Social Work, Early Childhood Education, etc.)
- Experience working with individuals with challenging behavior (e.g., aggression, self-injury) an asset
- Must have a valid drivers licence and access to a reliable vehicle for transporting client into the community
- Must have valid crisis prevention (e.g., CPI, SMG, UMAB, etc.) and first aid/CPR training
- Training and supervision will be provided to selected candidate
- Supervision to attain BCBA, BCaBA, or RBT credential available for selected candidate
- Successful candidate will be required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check prior to beginning their employment
Who are we?
- Professionals with Masters-level education in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- Advocates for advancing the rights of persons with special needs
- Believers in the humane and ethical treatment of individuals with special needs
Interested applicants must submit a resume. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Behaviour Support Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.00 /hour
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA): 1 year (Preferred)
- Barrie, ON (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR (Preferred)
- Drivers Licence (Preferred)
- Crisis Prevention (e.g., SMG, UMAB, CPI) (Preferred)