Medical Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Footcarecentre Sarnia
Footcarecentre Sarnia urgently required following position for Medical Office Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Medical Office Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Footcarecentre Sarnia Jobs Details:
To perform administrative tasks that support the daily operations of the Foot Care Centre. This position administrative and patient support as determined by the Lead Pedorthist.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Patient Check-In - greeting patients upon arrival, assessing what the patient is coming in for a gait assessment or a fitting for orthotics or a follow up appointment.
- Answering the phone, and booking appointments for patients for gait assessments and fitting for orthotics and do follow up calls to patients if needed .
- Take care of voice mail messages
- Answering secure email messages from patients
- Using our Electronic Medical Record System, Clinical Master, to manage patients appointments and invoice patients .
- Keep track of billing accounts on each patient and keep track of direct billing extended health providers for each patient.
- Keep track of all inventory of services provided by the Foot Care Centre ie. (Custom Made Orthotics ,Footwear , Ankle Braces, Compression Stockings.
- Performing general clerical duties (e.g. photocopies, faxes, e‐mails, open mail, file charts and pull charts for the patients coming that day.)
- Assist with patient communications (e.g. writing or organizing letter mail outs,reschedule patients who missed or cancelled appointments .
- Process and track referrals from Physicians on a monthly basis
- Keep monthly stats on how many patients received orhtotics and shoes and how many were recasts.
- Keep a call back system in place so all patients have a follow up appointments
- Keep track of follow up appointments and recast appointments for patients who are eligible for orthotics through Lambton County Social Services ,WSIB, First Nation,and Veterans Affairs.
- Keep track of receipt payments for each patient and be able to receive payments from patients via Interac ,Cheque or cash.
- Prepare bank deposits on a daily bassis
- Keep track and order office supplies when needed
Skills, knowledge and job requirements:
- Completion of Medical Secretary Course (ideally).
- Proficiency in computer applications: Windows, Microsoft Office programs, Word,Outlook and Excel and Email.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and impartiality
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exercises good judgment.
- Respect our patients and ALL members of the team.
The above responsibilities are not to be considered all inclusive; the individual may be assigned other related duties as necessary
Job Type: Full-time
- Medication Administration: 1 year (Preferred)