Coop Specialist Application And Software Development Support Jobs Vacancy in Bell Toronto
- Coop Specialist Application And Software Development Support
- Toronto ON
- 24 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Bell Toronto urgently required following position for Coop Specialist Application And Software Development Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Coop Specialist Application And Software Development Support Jobs Vacancy in Bell Toronto Jobs Details:
Req Id: 212373
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, HSPA+ and LTE — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
The Network team plans, designs, builds, and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar broadcast, fiber, LTE, and security networks. Successful candidates joining the Network team will be given the opportunity to get hands on experience using next generation technology and receive ongoing technical and leadership development training.
Description of hiring team:
The National Hosting Service team is responsible for Bell’s Data Centre products and services. We are seeking candidates to join various teams including Implementation, Managed Services, Service Management, Tools Development, Data Centre Management and Network Operations Centre teams. Candidates should have the ability to understand customer needs and propose solutions, be able to work in an agile environment and be interested in solving complicated technical problems. We currently have several positions available in this field. By applying on this position, you will automatically be considered for all available positions.
- Develop tools (scripts/programs), and web portals for automating routine activities using the Agile/Scrum approach
- Establish standards for automated testing, along with business requirements and implementation plans
- Experience with MS Excel pivot tables, functions, charting, for a core understanding of data manipulation & graphing
- Contribute or lead improvement initiatives typically associated with the delivery times and work efficiency
- Facilitate identification of process improvements or system enhancements
- Work with internal and external client groups to determine needs
- Research industry trends, best practices and new technologies that will provide operational insights to internal teams, focusing on continuous improvement of the customer experience
- Drive innovation and find opportunities to leverage emergent technology
The technical competencies required vary depending on the position. If you have 2-3 of the following competencies, you will be considered for the position.
- Working towards a University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience in developing and integrating software solutions
- Able to write code to automate processes, orchestrate deployments and manage systems
- Knowledge of SQL, Windows, UNIX, Linux and network management tools
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experienced with source control and versioning platforms (Git, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Proficient with the use of automated testing frameworks (Jest, etc.)
- Contribution to industry standards and open source communities an asset
- Experience with templating languages
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
- You must submit a cover letter, resume, and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted) to be considered.
Start date: January 8, 2019
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 09/30/2018
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto