Property Underwriting Specialist Corportate Risk Jobs Vacancy in Aviva Vancouver
Aviva Vancouver urgently required following position for Property Underwriting Specialist Corportate Risk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Property Underwriting Specialist Corportate Risk Jobs Vacancy in Aviva Vancouver Jobs Details:
This role’s primary focus and responsibility will be to work on new business and creating the corresponding deal with a focus on property business and property underwriting. Deals will focus on Large Commercial accounts with annual sales greater than $100M which may or may not contain US Cross Border Exposures.
The incumbent will work closely with senior management in Large Commercial, Corporate Risk, to vet and finalize the deal. The role will be client/broker facing while working under a national mandate (working on all lines of business) to identify new business opportunities as well being able to provide superior technical expertise to surmise the value of the “deal”.
This role must be able to operate at both a macro and micro level so that a successful deal is understood and can be developed. The role must also be able to navigate the Aviva structure and national broker structure in an effort to get things done with a high level of energy and collaboration to ensure success.
- Large Commercial Business Development and Underwriting
- Focus on new business generation – national scope, deal making role
- Complex Risk, Property, assessment of opportunities
- Qualify potential deals for appetite and profit opportunity
- Constructs initial deal for review with Sr. Management
- Ability to navigate Aviva (internally) to get things done
- Ability to assess complex deals from a macro perspective and make “tough” decisions
- Ability to qualify and underwrite deal to ensure benefit from both top line and profitability perspective
- Ability to build strong partnerships and collaborate to ensure win/win for Aviva and the Broker
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- University degree or college diploma in Insurance
- CIP (or equivalent)
- 10-15 years' of technical commercial lines property underwriting business experience
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.