Water Sewer Labourer Jobs Vacancy in City Saskatoon Saskatoon
City Saskatoon Saskatoon urgently required following position for Water Sewer Labourer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Water Sewer Labourer Jobs Vacancy in City Saskatoon Saskatoon Jobs Details:
- Performs a variety of manual labouring duties, including repairing water mains, sanitary and storm sewer mains, primary water mains and all appurtenances, such as hydrants, valves, manholes, catch basins and leads.
- Cleans and maintains the crew shack.
- Cleans and disinfects tools.
- Deals with the public regarding service interruptions.
- Assists with turning valves on and off.
- Ensures work activities are performed in accordance with corporate safety policies, regulations and procedures.
- Performs hand work and spotting duties, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or must obtain GED within 12 months of hire.
- One year experience in Water and Sewer Construction including maintenance, repair, operation and inspection on Water Distribution, Sanitary Collection and Storm Water Collections Systems OR certificate of completion from an approved Water & Wastewater program.
- Possession of, or must obtain Level 1 Water Distribution Certification and Level 1 Waste Water Collection certification as required by Saskatchewan Water Security Agency within 12 months of hire.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract, from SGI, demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of a valid, recognized first aid certificate.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with the public and civic employees.
- Ability to perform the assigned duties which included physically demanding work for extended periods outdoors under a variety of weather conditions
- Skill in the operation of small water and sewer maintenance equipment, hand and power tools in an efficient, responsible manner and in accordance with recognized procedures.
- Knowledge of Water Distribution, Sanitary Collection and Storm Water Collection Systems.