Summer Intern Precision Research Fields Jobs Vacancy in Farmers Edge Swift Current
Farmers Edge Swift Current urgently required following position for Summer Intern Precision Research Fields. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Summer Intern Precision Research Fields Jobs Vacancy in Farmers Edge Swift Current Jobs Details:
Farmers Edge is a global leader in decision agriculture servicing over 22 million paid product acres worldwide with precision digital solutions. Integrating field-centric data, easy-to-use software, state-of-the-art processing technology, predictive modelling, and advanced agronomic analytics, Farmers Edge provides growers with scalable solutions to produce more with less. Using innovative digital agronomic tools, Farmers Edge solutions focus on the sustainable production of high-yielding, high-quality crops and are designed to optimize inputs, minimize environmental impact, and protect economic viability of the farm. From seed selection to yield data analytics, Farmers Edge transforms big data into timely and accurate insights to support informed decision making.
Summer Intern Precision Ag Research Fields
Location: Switch Current, SK and surrounding areas.
Term: 3 - 4 months with the possibility of extension
Looking for a summer internship in the Ag industry where you can learn how to be on the cutting edge of precision agriculture? This internship will provide you the opportunity to be involved with the Farmers Edge Precision Ag Research Fields. Farmers Edge has research fields across North America where we intensively collect agronomic data to develop and validate our decision agricultural tools. Interns with Farmers Edge will have the opportunity to learn;
- Advanced precision agriculture platforms
- Research setups
- Monitor sensors
- Ag data processing skills
- Field navigating tools and software
- Agronomic knowledge
Duties may include the following:
Visiting agricultural research fields to monitor:
- Crops growth stage
- Crop disease, pests and weeds
- Soil moisture sensors and data loggers
- Soil parameters
Other duties may include:
- Installation and maintenance of field lapse cameras, weather stations, soil moisture sensors, and data loggers
- Plant harvesting and processing
- Data capture using different apps
- Data processing
- Other related activities as needed
Education and Experience:
- Students currently engaged in a BSc study program (min of 2nd year) or recently graduated with a BSc in Agriculture, natural science, or engineering.
- Grade "B" or "B-" or above
- Must be available for 14 to 16 consecutive weeks
- Able to travel throughout region, potentially overnight
- Successful candidates are detail oriented, have a research background and experience with agronomy
- Valid driver's license with a reasonably clear driving record
Note: Dependent on location, candidates may not need to fulfill the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada Experience Award Requirements.