Bookstore Assistant Warehouse Jobs Vacancy in University British Columbia Vancouver
University British Columbia Vancouver urgently required following position for Bookstore Assistant Warehouse. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Bookstore Assistant Warehouse Jobs Vacancy in University British Columbia Vancouver Jobs Details:
- Prepare goods for shipment, including wrapping, packaging, or building a pallet of boxes
- Ensure goods to be shipped have appropriate documentation, such as a receipt or return bill
- Select appropriate carrier for shipment, including couriers and freight shippers
- Prepare proper documentation for shipments, including manifests or shipping labels
- Enter shipments onto computer terminal using shipping or other software
- Coordinate movement of merchandise between sites
- File shipping paperwork and answer staff and customer inquiries relating to shipment status
- Liaise with carriers regarding status of shipments and pickup schedules
- Liaise with UBC Campus Mail to distribute on-campus shipments
- Ensure that the shipping area is orderly, tidy, and safe
- Instruct assigned subordinate staff in relation to receipt of goods and work flow in the area
- Responsible for the receipt of merchandise and supplies into the Bookstore
- Ensure accurate documentation of receipt of goods by signing carrier's shipping manifests and give written notice of any shortage or damage
- Enter receipt of goods into computer system, ensuring accuracy
- Follow up on discrepancies with suppliers and Bookstore staff verbally or in writing
- Move incoming merchandise and other items to designated areas
- Ensure that the receiving area is orderly, tidy, and safe
- Process billing/invoicing departmental orders
- Assist in other areas of the warehouse, such as merchandise processing or returns
- Perform any duties of lower classification levels
- Other related duties as necessary in keeping with the qualifications and requirements of the job
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.