Court Services Officer Irregular Call Jobs Vacancy in Ministry The Attorney General Toronto
Ministry The Attorney General Toronto urgently required following position for Court Services Officer Irregular Call. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Court Services Officer Irregular Call Jobs Vacancy in Ministry The Attorney General Toronto Jobs Details:
- Consider this challenging opportunity in the Superior Court of Justice as an Irregular On-Call Court Services Officer, where you will provide support to the judiciary, juries and the overall administration of the courts.
- Please note: you will work zero to 36.25 hours per week, depending on operational requirements, with no guaranteed hours.
- ensuring courtroom readiness
- maintaining proper decorum in the court
- conducting jury roll calls
- calling and escorting witnesses into court
- attending to juries
- providing assistance to the public
- providing assistance to the judiciary as required
- knowledge of the Superior/Ontario Court of Justice or other adjudicative proceedings and awareness of legislative requirements as they pertain to juries
- knowledge of courtroom decorum and confidentiality/impartiality
- clerical knowledge and keyboarding skills to ensure accurate completion of court documents
- oral communication skills, public speaking skills and interpersonal skills to interact with the judiciary, the public and other stakeholders with tact and diplomacy
- judgement to maintain courtroom decorum, to respond to inquiries and to deal with routine issues
- job requires attending to juries outside regular business hours
Hours of work:
What can I expect to do in this role?You will be responsible for:
How do I qualify?
Skills and Knowledge:
Court Services Division is committed to a diverse, respectful and professional workplace that reflects OPS values.
- 3 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 5.5 months, 361 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- 4 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 5.5 months, 393 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please note that as of November 1, 2018, with the implementation of the Police Record Checks Reform Act, 2015, the security screening check requirements for this position may differ from those described in this job ad.
As detailed in Article 6.1.2 of the OPSEU Collective agreement, the results of this competition may be used to fill future vacancies within 125 kilometres of the listed work location and within 14 months following the closing date of this posting.