Equity Research Associate Real Estate Reits Toronto Jobs Vacancy in Scotiabank Toronto
- Equity Research Associate Real Estate Reits Toronto
- Toronto ON
- 25 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Scotiabank Toronto urgently required following position for Equity Research Associate Real Estate Reits Toronto. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Equity Research Associate Real Estate Reits Toronto Jobs Vacancy in Scotiabank Toronto Jobs Details:
Requisition ID: 17604
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Research Associates play an integral role in the Equity Research department by providing crucial assistance to our Equity Research Analysts. Individuals in this role are learning and developing the techniques and skills necessary for investment analysis and research of securities. The Research Associate works closely with the Research Analyst to develop financial forecasts and provide recommendations on particular stocks. Associates typically gain an in-depth understanding of the financial and operational issues within a particular sector, gaining valuable skills, knowledge, and relationships. This position is suitable for a bright, hard-working individual who is passionate about learning and the capital markets. This position is based in Toronto.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A university degree in business
- An MBA, Masters of Finance degree is an asset
- CPA designation or enrolment in/completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program is preferred
- Experience using Bloomberg and FactSet would be an asset
- Capital Markets knowledge/experience would be an asset
- Strong accounting, financial modeling, graphing, and analytical skills
- Experience in analyzing financial statements and valuing companies
- Excellent command of Microsoft Suite, with a particular emphasis on Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to succeeding in this role
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at the same time
- Self-motivated, hardworking, enthusiastic and detail-oriented
- Perform comprehensive financial statement analysis and create and maintain financial models
- Conduct in-depth industry analysis and research using industry and financial sources
- Collect, consolidate and interpret company and industry data
- Assist in writing research publications and morning comments
- Follow overall market news and evaluate market data to assess short and long-term trends
- Generate tables and graphs
- Prepare marketing presentations for analyst meetings with institutional and corporate clients
- Communicate and handle enquiries from institutional investors on the analyst's behalf
- Develop and maintain connections with investor relations and management of companies under coverage group
- Liaise with sales, trading and other areas of the firm within regulatory guidelines and under the analyst’s supervision
Evening and weekend work is required.
The Scotiabank Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.