Controls Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Promach Hamilton
Promach Hamilton urgently required following position for Controls Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Controls Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Promach Hamilton Jobs Details:
Edson, based in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, manufactures robust, high-performance case and tray packing systems. Edson has long-standing customer relationships with food, pharmaceutical, consumer goods, and tissue converting companies that require innovative, high speed horizontal case packing, material handling, and top load robotic solutions. Edson is a division of Pro Mach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, Pro Mach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking. For more information on Pro Mach’s brands visit www.ProMachBrands.com .
This hands on position oversees the Controls Programming group to ensure the department is running smoothly and meeting company and customer goals and objectives. The position will also be responsible for working with the controls team to conceptualize and develop PLC, Servo and HMI controls software for packaging machines and assemblies.
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments for controls team and manage accordingly to ensure timely, cost effective completion and highest quality of all work performed
- Work with internal customers as well as liaise with external customers to determine resource needs and schedule resources accordingly
- Provide assistance, coaching, mentoring, feedback and direction to members of the controls team on technical and non-technical issues
- Report on the status of the team’s deliverables against specified KPI and commitments
- Identify and manage process improvements for efficiency and quality.
- Organize and lead meetings to share knowledge across all controls team members
- Provide opportunities for growth and development to controls team
- Interface and act as a lead technical resource with other departments
- Obtain customer specifications and coordinate the development and design of PLC, Servo and HMI controls software.
- Compiles and analyzes operational and test data to establish performance standards for newly built or modified electrical control systems.
- Confers with engineering personnel and prepares software modifications as required.
- Interpret technical specifications & application parameters.
- Commissions new machines on shop floor.
- Perform machine start-up at customer’s facility.
- Develop and implement solutions for aftermarket group in service and retrofit projects
- Coordinate installation team during install and commissioning
- Lead product innovation
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technologist 3 year College Diploma;
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as an electrical controls programmer in custom automation sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which includes presentation skill.