Driver Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Blood Services Brampton
Canadian Blood Services Brampton urgently required following position for Driver. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Driver Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Blood Services Brampton Jobs Details:
Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative organization? Are you excited about working with a dedicated community who makes a real difference in the lives of Canadians by recruiting blood, stem cell, cord blood and organ, eye and tissue donors? Do you want to help save lives every day? Then this job is for you.
Canadian Blood Services is a collaborative community of donors, volunteers, health care professionals, employees and corporate partners committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians.
We are currently seeking a Driver to join our Logistic Team in Brampton.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Transport, the incumbent will transport personnel, equipment, supplies and blood products. The Driver will also assist in blood donor clinic set-up and dismantling, as well as other clinic team duties as assigned. Work is performed in a regulated environment and in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Checks packing lists and other forms, and loads vehicle with clinic equipment and supplies.
- Transports staff, donors, volunteers, equipment, supplies, mail and promotional materials to and from blood donor clinics, Canadian Blood Services sites, hospitals, and other locations as required.
- Loads and unloads equipment and supplies at mobile and permanent sites.
- Carries, sets up and dismantles equipment and supplies at mobile blood donor clinics.
- Packs, receives, verifies and completes documentation related to specimens, blood/products and other supplies for transport.
- Transports blood/products under appropriate temperature conditions in a timely manner to the appropriate area and ensures blood/products are within the appropriate temperature ranges.
- Maintains vehicle for fuel, oil, water, and reports mechanical defects to the appropriate parties.
- Completes daily circle checks, cleans vehicles, logs all mileage.
- May be assigned to operations at blood donor clinics as deemed necessary by the assigned supervisor, with the exception of running beds; and may carry or assist in carrying frozen plasma for shipping.
- Must possess a Secondary School diploma and a valid drivers’ licence, minimum class D & F.
- Must be capable of operating motor vehicles of various sizes and have the ability to be certified in defensive driving, transportation of dangerous goods, and first aid.
- A minimum of four years of driving experience is preferred.
- At least one continuous year of professional experience driving large vehicles is required.
- Experience working in a regulated environment is an asset.
- Strong communication skills in English, and a demonstrated use of good judgement is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal & customer service skills, & have the ability to work in a team setting.
- The physical ability to load, unload, & carry heavy clinic equipment & supplies up & down ramps is required.
- Must be available to work variable shifts – days, evenings, overnights, weekends, and some holidays.